Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Call blocker - Lumia 800

athenajm
Accepted Solution

Call blocker - Lumia 800

Hi, is there any app or software to block calls from specific numbers? Or if not, does anyone know if there are any plans to release this type of thing? Most other phones (esp BB and Samsung) have apps or built-in programs on their phones to be able to bar certain numbers, so I was hoping I could do it on my Lumia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Unfortunately that is not currently possible on the Lumia and no apps are in the market for this feature. No plans have been revealed by either Nokia or Microsoft to add this function.

You can request (or vote on other peoples requests) to have the feature added here:
http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
calvorino

I do not like this as i want to block a number
Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

[ Edited ]

It's not possible in Lumia or any WP7 phone and I doubt Microsoft will allow apps such as call blockers and call recorders which interact with telephony functions. If it is any consolation to you it is also not possible for iphones which are not jailbroken. There are call blockers for Symbian, Android, MeeGo and Bada. Both WP7.5 and ios are closed os where developers work in a sandbox environment and many apps which interact directly with the hardware are not allowed.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Call blockers would require access to specific API calls (a way for a developer to access functions built into the OS) which are reserved for OEM partners and not accessible to 'normal' developers. We have forwarded the request for a call blocking function and will inform you of any progress or information we can share.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Babu710

Hi Team,

I want to call and SMS block option in Nokia Lumia 710 by when we will have this feature?

Please update the software with call blocker feature

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
terrible_win

This is pathetic -- seriously pathetic. Android and iOS can do this out of the box but this supposed competetior can't do it even with an app PURCHASE let alone free download.

Good luck nokia, you're gonna end up bain capitaled losers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
andylittle14

couldnt agree more mate.  absolute joke that the lumia phone cant block numbers.   even the most basic can do that.   but then again this is the same company who didnt see the need for a front faced camera either..  not exactly leading by example are they.   

i have the nokia lumia 800 and it has to be the worst phone ever made.   continually blacks out when your making a call.  mp3 player keeps crashing and the camera is total **bleep**.   im on my 4th phone 10 months into a 2 year contract.  the first 3 just stopped working..   my service provider gives me new ones free of charge when one breaks down.

oh and how is the 7.8 update comming along?   have you fixed the volume problem yet?

i have warned every one i know not to touch a nokia windows  phone with a barge pole.   god only knows how this company every got away with selling this piece of junk.  bloody criminal its on tnhe martket.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heulaup

[ Edited ]

Yes, it is a real joke that a modern smartphone cannot do something as basic as blocking calls. Even bada build this into the os. The Nokia N9 running MeeGo has some good apps to block calls including setting up blacklists and whitelists and scheduling blocks. Another joke is the lack of data monitoring function except if your Carrier deems you worthy enough to have it. Come on Microsoft. You are competing in a free market here, not in a monopoly like PC os but it's hard to get rid of the mindset is it? Nokia is the loser for embracing this *bleep* os. WP8 can't even hold a candle to Symbian, not by a long shot.

Please use plain text.
gsthakur

[ Edited ]

really Nokia Lumia Series a rubbish Phone .....Becoz  in this phone 

Equalizer not available 

Call Block Futures Not available

Hindi Font not supported

(if hindi font not supported then why lunching in india without reginal language supported) 

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
periwinkle28

[ Edited ]

Hi gsthakurheulaup, and andylittle14,

While your feedback is greatly appreciated in the discussions board, it'll be best to share your suggestions and ideas here: https://ideasproject.com/ and http://www.windowsphone.com .

Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,

periwinkle28

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jeroen969

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
obsessive

Totally agree i'm on my third 1 total s**t i even was prepared to downgrade but of course that came with a price of £260.00,it's not even worth that much gutted really still have another 12 months left

Please use plain text.