Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Camera update for Lumia ?

Sage

Camera update for Lumia ?

Hi,

Lumia is a great phone. I might buy it as my next phone (currently owning a N8).

Lot's of reviews however show very bad camera results. Pictures look awfull.Since N9 pictures look fine (and i believe Lumia uses same camera module) : will there be a fix soon ? Is Nokia adressing this ?

Maybe someone is willing to share this info.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
neile35c

one reason could be is the position of the flash is different from n9 or mayde its down to the fact that n9 is just a better phone with a much better operating system.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

I think there is something wrong from Nokia's part because if you read reviews of other windows phones like htc radar and samsung focus s then you would find that those two phones with same hardware specs and 8mp camera units perform slightly better than lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Apparently even the Windows Phone Tango (WP iteration that will be shipping next spring) is not able to handle all the Nokia camera wizardry yet. The earliest I heard that they might be able to port most of Nokia’s imaging assets to Windows Phone, will be Apollo/WP8, which is now allegedly scheduled for Q3 2012 release. If then.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakke

One thing that might help to improve picture quality is to change the default focus setting currently set to ‘Macro’ over to ‘Normal’. Open camera and go to camera settings > focus mode > normal.

Please use plain text.
maiden2012

I not so sure about those reviews but this photos are taken by my friend http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenokiagallery/sets/72157629369608885/detail/
Please use plain text.