Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can I delete a Microsoft Live account linked to my...

Contributor
vk710
Accepted Solution

Can I delete a Microsoft Live account linked to my Lumia 710 phone and add another?

Hi,

While setting up my new phone, I created a new Microsoft Live account that, from then became linked to my Lumia 710. Now, if I wanted to delete the Live account and link my phone to a new account is it possible? If yes, how and if no, then what happens if I can't recover the password to the Live account?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Can I delete a Microsoft Live account linked to my Lumia 710 phone and add another?

Hi,

A number of services, Marketplace (paid apps), Zune (bought music/video, MusicPass), Xbox achievements/games and billing (amongst others) are all linked to your mail account. If you have not yet used any of these you can safely removed the account and reset the phone  (Settings>About>reset your phone) to sync it with a new account.

You can export both contacts and calendars from the old account and import them into the new one. If you have used any services they are mostly linked to the gamertag which is associated with your LiveID (Microsoft Account). It is possible to transfer this gamertag to your new account but you will need access to a Xbox to do so. You will find more information on this here.

If you have additional questions feel free to ask,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vk710

Re: Can I delete a Microsoft Live account linked to my Lumia 710 phone and add another?

Hi,

Thanks Kosh. This topic is closed.

Regards

Please use plain text.