Scoolkarni wrote:Can Anybody help me? I am Die heart Nokia Lover, wanted to buy a Windows phone. However, I have few queries listed here. Pl clarify. I have to buy one before this sunday.
- I heard Lumia 610(windows phone) provide Internet explorer 9.0. Can I change or use Google chrome instead? Is that application supportive?
- Lumia provides with Bing as Default search engine. Can I change it to Google?
- Zune is the application for transferring the data. Is it like PC suite for Symbian phone? Can’t I transfer the data just by directly connecting it to PC?
- Lumia 610 allows data transfer via Bluetooth amongst only windows phone? Can’t I exchange the data with any android or symbian phone via Bluetooth?
- Now Lumia 610 is available with WP 7.5 Mango OS. Is it possible to upgrade it with newer versions every time, like in windows PC we upgraded it from windows XP to Vista to 7.
3. Zune does not transfer data, only music and videos. No. No.
4. Lumia 610 does not allow any data transfer over Bluetooth, not even with other Windows phones.
5. You might get get WP7.8 and that will be the end of the upgrades for current WP7.5 phones. No chance for WP8 or later.
2012-07-27 16:45 - edited 2012-07-27 16:45
I am not clear about point no. 3 & 4. Also pl clarify point 1 & 2.
I cannot imagine how I could have been any clearer. Here's another attempt:
3. Zune is the application for transferring the data - NO, IT ONLY TRANSFERS MUSIC AND VIDEO.
Is it like PC suite for Symbian phone? - NO
Can’t I transfer the data just by directly connecting it to PC? - NO
4.Lumia 610 allows data transfer via Bluetooth amongst only windows phone? - NO, IT DOES NOT ALLOW DATA TRANSFER VIA BLUETOOTH AMONGST ANY PHONES.
Can’t I exchange the data with any android or symbian phone via Bluetooth? - NO, SEE ABOVE COMMENT
I cannot clarify on your other points, someone else will have to do it.
No chance with google search... even with windows phone 7.8... i have lumia 610 with the updated os... very very very very limited applications... dont bother...