Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can I use Google chrome & Google search engine in ...

Contributor
Scoolkarni

Can I use Google chrome & Google search engine in Lumia 610?

Can Anybody help me? I am Die heart Nokia Lover, wanted to buy a Windows phone. However, I have few queries listed here. Pl clarify. I have to buy one before this sunday.
  1. I heard Lumia 610(windows phone) provide Internet explorer 9.0. Can I change or use Google chrome instead? Is that application supportive?
  2. Lumia provides with Bing as Default search engine. Can I change it to Google?
  3. Zune is the application for transferring the data. Is it like PC suite for Symbian phone? Can’t I transfer the data just by directly connecting it to PC?
  4. Lumia 610 allows data transfer via Bluetooth amongst only windows phone? Can’t I exchange the data with any android or symbian phone via Bluetooth?
  5. Now Lumia 610 is available with WP 7.5 Mango OS. Is it possible to upgrade it with newer versions every time, like in windows PC we upgraded it from windows XP to Vista to 7.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: Can I use Google chrome & Google search engine in Lumia 610?

Scoolkarni wrote:
Can Anybody help me? I am Die heart Nokia Lover, wanted to buy a Windows phone. However, I have few queries listed here. Pl clarify. I have to buy one before this sunday.
  1. I heard Lumia 610(windows phone) provide Internet explorer 9.0. Can I change or use Google chrome instead? Is that application supportive?
  2. Lumia provides with Bing as Default search engine. Can I change it to Google?
  3. Zune is the application for transferring the data. Is it like PC suite for Symbian phone? Can’t I transfer the data just by directly connecting it to PC?
  4. Lumia 610 allows data transfer via Bluetooth amongst only windows phone? Can’t I exchange the data with any android or symbian phone via Bluetooth?
  5. Now Lumia 610 is available with WP 7.5 Mango OS. Is it possible to upgrade it with newer versions every time, like in windows PC we upgraded it from windows XP to Vista to 7.

3. Zune does not transfer data, only music and videos. No. No.

4. Lumia 610 does not allow any data transfer over Bluetooth, not even with other Windows phones.

5. You might get get WP7.8 and that will be the end of the upgrades for current WP7.5 phones. No chance for WP8 or later.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Scoolkarni

I am not clear about point no. 3 & 4. Also pl clarify point 1 & 2.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

Scoolkarni wrote:

I am not clear about point no. 3 & 4. Also pl clarify point 1 & 2.

I cannot imagine how I could have been any clearer. Here's another attempt:

3. Zune is the application for transferring the data - NO, IT ONLY TRANSFERS MUSIC AND VIDEO.

Is it like PC suite for Symbian phone? - NO

Can’t I transfer the data just by directly connecting it to PC? - NO

4.Lumia 610 allows data transfer via Bluetooth amongst only windows phone? - NO, IT DOES NOT ALLOW DATA TRANSFER VIA BLUETOOTH AMONGST ANY PHONES.

Can’t I exchange the data with any android or symbian phone via Bluetooth? - NO, SEE ABOVE COMMENT

I cannot clarify on your other points, someone else will have to do it.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Re: is it possible to change search engine from bing to google on lumia 610?

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

In answer to 1 and 2 you cannot use Google Chrome.
I think you might be able to change the default sesrch engine on Windows 8 but not in Windows 7. , You can set a live tile shortcut to Google homepage and enter searches that way.

There is also an app which you can use to do searches which will search the terms you input on both Google and Bing which is usually very funny to compare how wildly wrong Bing is compared to Google

. Under my real name I'm moderately well known in my profession. Google gets"me"first time, Bing gets nowhere near.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shutter

No chance with google search... even with windows phone 7.8... i have lumia 610 with the updated os... very very very very limited applications... dont bother...

Please use plain text.