Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can Lumia 920 connect a external mic?

Registered Member
ringo_903
Accepted Solution

Can Lumia 920 connect a external mic?

Can Lumia 920 connect a external microphone while video shooting by using the 3.5mm plug/USB , just like the iPhone and andoird?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Can Lumia 920 connect a external mic?

The Lumia 920 does support audio input, but this all depends if the third party manufacturer of the external microphone has designed their 3.5mm jack and application to recieve audio.  

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mokko

But what about a Usb microphone. Can they be connected?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BorntoHelp99

definitely not. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dalydose

I bought a 3 ring adaptor and I'm going to try it with my shotgun AT835b shotgun mic. I'd like to be able to boom mic a scene and try to use the phone to shoot scenes and skits.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
julianvoigt

hi can you tell me did your external mic work? I have bought a 1020 and there are videos on youtube with users saying they used external mics but can't find any product or guidance on this I know it can be done just not sure how?

Please use plain text.
playfulangel14

Hi, julianvoigt.

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions Forum! :Cool:

Using external microphone on the phone depends if it is supporting 3.5mm jack or if it supports Bluetooth 4.0.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.