Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can not turn on Nokia Lumia 520 after Microsoft up...

Honza1985

Can not turn on Nokia Lumia 520 after Microsoft update

Hi, I've got Nokia Lumia 520 with Windows Phone 8

before yesterday Microsoft update appeared on display and wanted me to instal. So I clicked on "instal" button and after that there was "restarting..." on the display for a while and phone went off. Since that I can't turn on my phone. I tried keep it on charger for a long time, I tried take off battery for a long time, I tried to hold all buttons combinations, but my phone is still dead. Do you have some advises or there is only one option to send that to Nokia for service? :confused:

Thank you for answers

Honza 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Can not turn on Nokia Lumia 520 after Microsoft update

Did you try removing the battery and leaving it out for at least 10 seconds?

Please use plain text.
Honza1985

Yes, I did.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

First try rebooting by ressing and holding the vol down + power button for around 10 seconds. If it works, the phone should vibrate and restart. If this does not work you could try hard resetting, instructions as per link below. Faiuling that, you will need to get it to your local Nokia Care Point.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/lumia520/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA141447

Please use plain text.