Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't connect to Facebook through WiFi - Lumin...

Squirrel23

Can't connect to Facebook through WiFi - Lumina 925

Both my teenagers have just had upgrades to Nokia Lumina's at the weekend, from an HTC and a Huawei. Both phones are WM8 and both have the Amber update pre-installed.

Unfortunately neither phone can connect with Facebook through the Wi-Fi but CAN connect through 3G. As both tariffs are on low monthly data usage, you can begin to imagine the annoyance they are displaying at having to switch off Wi-Fi just to make Facebook sync.

Everything else works fine and I have trawled through numerous web pages and tried everything imaginable to get this to work, but no luck.

If anybody else has had similar problems across their Wi-Fi, please can you share the solution and help restore some peace back to our household.

Alas, both the previous WM8 phones worked flawlessly and my ancient HTC HD7 also works without a blip.

Please use plain text.
Squirrel23

Re: Can't connect to Facebook through WiFi - Lumina 925

... any chance of some suggestions? Surely I'm not the only one to have this problem?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Hi Squirrel23,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

Are you using a Facebook app or you've setup your account via E-mail+accounts? Is this happening to just one specific Wi-Fi connection? Have you tried to connect to other Wi-Fi? Have you tried rebooting your phone? ^AR

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simiid

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the same issue. The link which this thread was moved is not the same issue, the other users receive an error message, while I don't receive an error message.

On my Lumia 925 if I have wi-fi enabled on my Belkin N+ Enhanced router I can sign-up to linkedin, gmail, microsoft and so on, except facebook. When I try to sign-in to facebook in "email+accounts" section, or in standalone app, or in browser it says there is no connection.

If I disable wi-fi and I have 3G data enabled, all of above works fine signing-in to facebook without any issue.

So the issue is that facebook can't be accessed over wi-fi connection.

Is there a solution to this issue ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

I have not seen this issue and have no problem receiving and sending messages from/to Facebook using either the built in account or the FB app through either cellular data or Wi-Fi.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
1020CanadaBeta

same problem. Everything works normally EXCEPT Facebook (which is 50% of my phone usage...) when connected to WiFi.

Facebook App (Microsoft corporation) and from web browser. Not connecting, not even seeing login page on browser.

Have been using the phone for 6weeks, problem started yesterday. Phone is updated.

Facebook account functional on other computer.

This is really annoying. No one shared a solution on Nokia Forum so far?????

Please use plain text.
Squirrel23

[ Edited ]

No solution has ever been posted that I have come across ... I suppose people just get fed up with it not working, accept it and move on to another phone brand?

The 925's still have the same problem even after Amber and Black updates.

After the Black update the Microsoft Facebook app wouldn't even load, so it got deleted in favour of the Facebook Classic app which is okay as apps go, but full of adverts and limited in it's functionality.

The built in connection to Facebook doesn't work either unless the WiFi connection is switched off, so using up the data allowance, which kinda defeats the object of having a WiFi connection.

All the other apps work fine, Twitter, LinkedIn, Gmail, work e-mail etc, but not Facebook ...

If the 925 connects to anybody elses WiFi then the problem is the same, no access to Facebook through the Nokia OS, Facebook app or Facebook mobile through the web.

It doesn't help to have some lame-arsed moderator shift this post to an unrelated topic page and then another state that there is no problem for him. Plenty of users have the same problem but don't contribute to these forums. Possibly, they might want a solution too? Or shall we all just shuffle it under the carpet and pretend it doesn't happen?

Please use plain text.