Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't download BT Share on Lumia 710 wp7.8

Contributor
riyan1394

Can't download BT Share on Lumia 710 wp7.8

Hi, I just updated my lumia 710 to wp7.8 this morning. At first I think everything is okay but then I realized that I can't download Bluetooth Share or Ringtone Maker from Marketplace. I have to tell that I was able to download and install it to my phone when it still wp7.5 (though I was uninstalled it, cause it will only work with 7.8 right?). But when I want to install it after update, it says App Not Available caused by your phone need to be updated, and more and more. Please anyone help me with this problem, I need that apps very much (especially BT Share). Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Did you fully complete the Wp7.8 update because it comes in 3 parts?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
riyan1394

Yes, I download all these 3 updates, here my phone info :

OS Version : 7.10.8858.136

FW Version : 1600.3036.8853.12440

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It installed no problems for me last night. Try restarting your phone and see if that helps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
riyan1394

I've tried restarting my phone, still App Not Available. I was able download it before 7.8 update, by the way
Please use plain text.
mohsensade

dear,

can you let us know a solution for resolving this issue?

i cannot find the bluetooth sharing and ringtone maker in market place and also download from web market, i have faced with "You can't get this app here. Please try downloading it on your phone" on the web market!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
riyan1394

well, it won't available to download via web marketplace, here are link for bluetooth share and ringtone maker , open it with your phone browser, it should direct you to marketplace

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Just read that it is a Marketplace issues after all. BT share is just being published and will take a couple of days before it is visible to everyone. Hence why visible to me already but not you.  So, best to sit tight and wait.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
riyan1394

@cjlim

but I was able download and installed it (before 7.8) with link above. now I am facing that the link direct me to marketplace, but it says App Not Available, cause your phone need to update. I saw a guy from my country post on windowsphone facebook page that he able to install it and works, but why I can't?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

He may have a different variant. Hold tight for a few days. If still no access then we will see again. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Have you contemplated going to Settings > about > reset your device and starting from scratch to see if this makes any difference?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
riyan1394

@cjlim well okay and thanks, I will try to waiting for it to available, hope it'll available (again) for me.

@scoobyman I've already reset my phone before, still the same message. Even I did rolled back to 7.5 by using Zune restore (with hope been able to get it, but still same message) and update it again to 7.8, still no luck. Only thing I saw strange after roll back is, my first 7.8 update (yesterday) gave me 2 updates from WP and one from Nokia, but today it gave me 3 updates from WP and one from Nokia.
Please use plain text.
mohsensade

can you define red line for visibility BT share?

Please use plain text.