Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't end a call in lumia 800

Advisor
arunsandeep

I am planning to get a new micro sim from vodafone this saturday hoping it will solve the issue.

Will definitely update here.

Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

Just had the problem again... had a missed call, opened it to call it again... and it didn't connect.  This time I couldn't even end it, so it is a problem when it initiates the call rather then when you try to end it.

Please use plain text.
taxidoodle

I have the same problem it happen every time I call a mobile number, takes over 2mins to end the call and then it shuts the phone down and restart OK. Not a great feature.  Is there any answer yet to the problem from Nokia?  Happy to try a new sim but this doesn't see to be the answer when reading all the posts. Very Very frustrating......:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
PrabuKumar

I am also facing the same issue (i.e) i am not able to end the call.

* Clicked the end call button

* It is saying "ENDING....."

* But the call counter is incrementing.

* So i pressed the start button and the start screen came,but the call didn't ended and it is displaying the notification.

* After few seconds the whole device stops responding to the hardware buttons and touch screen.

* Only way to come out from the hang is long press the "Power Hardware button".

This happened  once in a day with the same number but not sure why this happened. I hope nokia will respond something on this issue.

Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

While everyone talks about not ending a call... did you really had an active call ?

What I means is that when I have this issue, the call I was initiating myself never got connected so I guess it already crashed before ending it which I can confirm as I once had a blocked phone before I even tried to end the call (the other two times it was when pressing END, but neither was the call established).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DioFil

Yes when happen to me i'm always on a connected call. I realize however, that when it happens I was talking for more than 1 min... meaning that on short calls never happen this problem.
Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

Then it is different... I could never establish the call.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
docbhagat

Every time I make a call and try to end the call, the phone gets stuck on 'ending call'. After that I have to restart the phone. Doesn't happen as frequently when receiving calls. I was using a cut sim, which I changed to microsim. Also I reset the phone to factory settings. It still persists. Looks like a software problem to me.why isn't a Nokia executive replying to this forum? Otherwise it is an amazing phone. Please fix it Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
saurabhchhabra

Yes , I believe its high time Nokia acknowledges this issue and comes up with a fix for this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
docbhagat

Also I now Realise that it only happens when the call goes on for beyond 30-40 sec. On shorter calls I am able to end calls normally.

Please use plain text.
xlandhenry

[ Edited ]

Turn on the data-roaming option, it should solve this problem. I think it's just a carrier issue.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunsandeep

I got my sim replaced yesterday and took a new micro sim. The problem is still there.

The call does not get disconnected if it lasts more than 5 mins.

I face this problem with the call dailed from my mobile only, its not the case with received calls.

Will go down to the nokia store tomorrow and show them in person.

Its a shame that such a good phone having these issues.

Please use plain text.
alfonsjose

Yep, joined this forum specially because of the above mentioned problem.

I however own the Lumia 710 . The problem exists in the 710 as well .

The frozen-call-ending screen does resolve itself if you leave it for about 5 minutes , the call finally does end but it  still is annoying with call ending hovering above my screen till then.

I really like phone but this issue really blemishes its reputation . Hopefully Nokia will take notice and rectify this asap.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Joined the forum just for this too -

I've had the phone for a month now - had this happen to me in the first week, after applying a software update to it (the one before 7740). Doing a factory reset seemed to solve the problem, till.....the 7740 update. A further factory reset did not solve the call-ending problem.

So! I've tried out another sim (and many subsequent factory resets) and the problem still exists. It doesn't seem to matter if the number I'm calling is a mobile or landline, call duration doesn't seem to be a consistent factor either.

UPS should be picking up my phone on the next working day for a repair...Fingers crossed that this gets resolved - will let you lot know the outcome of sending it back. Perhaps it is just a bad batch..? (bought mine on release day from London, simfree, Phones4U). Are the rest of you on contracts?

My brother has the same phone on o2 contract and he is not experiencing these problems.

Please use plain text.
jassimmb

Hey guys everyone of us is facing the ssame Problem. Probably most of us are having this problem who are using vodafone. Because nokia has a tieup with vodafone so the miss to update a code from vodafone, which is why we all are having this problem... nokia clame to rectify this problem in coming week through updates, else the will have to replace the complete phone... so better to contact nokia for further updates... 

Regards 

Harry

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunsandeep

May be you are right. I am also using Vodafone.

Is everyone of u facing the issue is on Vodafone network?

Please reply below.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
docbhagat

Guys I had my phone changed yesterday because of battery issue. The new phone had the same problem with ending call. The manager gave me a third phone n it had the same problem.so he tried his own sim n made a couple of calls - there was no problem. I don't thick it is problem with the phone only.

in India we get unlocked phones. I use a Vodafone connection. The problem is inconsistent n shows no specific pattern. May be I'll try to transfer my number to another service provider n hope it gets fixed.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DioFil

My phone is unlocked, but in fact I'm using Vodafone.

It's Vodafone Portugal, I don't know if it can be related to other Vodafone, like UK, or India.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Mine's an unlocked phone, on O2.(uk)

I would have thought that the fact that some of us have tried out new sim cards & that we;re on a few different networks would possibly rule out the Sim card factor?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vyasjisworld

Hi team, I got Lumia 710, Just one week back i have purchased it and it is also have problems like Call doesn't end.

It says ending....

Please provide some solution!

Thanks

Please use plain text.