Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't end a call in lumia 800

Contributor
amish2008

Guys even i m using vodafone. And am experiencing this problem. I see someone has replied that its coz of vodafone. But have the nokia people acknowledged this thing?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TheBigM

It's not Vodafone. I'm on giffgaff and I get it. I was experiencing this problem a lot when I was uswing headphones from HTC. In the last week, it's only happened once to me but I'd stopped using HTC headphones.

It might be a bug that occurs when any set of headphones are in use.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amish2008

But i face the problem even when the phone is not connected to any headset. I guess this is a software problem. I have tried to call nokia and registered a complaint with them, lets see what happens.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunsandeep

I lodged a complaint with nokia support over phone and they asked me to take my mobile to the nearest nokia care center.

So I took it, the people over there had no idea about the issue and they say that I am the first person to report such an issue on lumia 800.

The support guy at the nokia care said that he would forward the complaint to nokia and asked me to wait till they release an update that fixes this issue :smileysad: :smileysad:

I think nokia will not release any updates until Jan 13th, where they are planning to launch the nokia lumia 900 (acc to rumours) running "Tango" next version of "Mango".

But I have no idea as to why no one from Nokia has commented in this thread till now. They should for sure acknowledge this issue and provide a quick solution.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
csl749

Just had this happen again. An acknowledgement of this bug would indeed be nice.
Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

I'm on Proximus (Belgium) which is however partnering with Vodafone but I can hardly believe this is the issue (lot of people in Holland use Vodafone I guess, but I haven't seen the issue reported on Tweakers.net).

Anyway, had it again this morning... must be the 4th or 5th time since I bought it (+- 6 weeks).

Once again... I can never establish the connection, so it is more an issue during the setup of the call which I then can't end.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manuvimalmohan

I have had my Lumia 800 for over a week now and had this issue for about 5-8 calls, I tried to end. I had to send the phone of for service as I was getting restoration error while trying to update the firmware. I did report about call ending issue as well then, but it has not been solved by the firmware update as the second call I made after the update showed the problem.
Hoping Nokia will provide an update(hopefully s/w) for this as it's not a SIM issue. I'm experiencing this problem for a Aircel Sim in India.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Same issue with O2(UK) after longer call, have to power down phone to terminate.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
dmmuldoon

I'm on my fourth lumia 800 from Christmas,and they all have this same problem,have contacted Nokia who have yet to give an answer to what the problem is,please Nokia listen to your customers!!!

Please use plain text.
taxidoodle

Still no joy even after following all online guides, reset, restore and update all a waste of time.  Have also spent 2 hours on the phone with support and no joy either.  Now sent email to tech support will see what happens next and keep you posted.  :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
themechanik

Facing the same issue. Unable to end calls. Happens occasionally. Only on calls I have started. Never on calls I receive. Is this a software bug?

Please use plain text.
cool1eo

I bought my lumia 800 three days ago from the Nokia Shop in Singapore. Phone is unlocked and running on SingTel network. Started to have the End call problem on day 1. I took the handset back to the store and got a brand new replacement handset...but still got the same problem. Tried resetting phone but problem persists. I think it's a software bug...nothing to do with handset, network, call length, etc.

This is my only issue with the phone but having a phone that cant end call is the worst problem to have.  

CAN SUPPORT STAFF FROM NOKIA AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE THIS PROBLEM AND GIVE AN ETA FOR A FIX???

There's no point have a discussion forum if Nokia doesnt monitor or respond in a timely manner!

Please use plain text.
RohitJain

Same problem I am facing. Nokia Care represantative are denying to acknowledge this problem and blame this to vodafone network. Too Funny.

Stucked in this mess since last week when i purchased this loose phone(LUMIA 800) :smileyembarrassed:.

Please use plain text.
RohitJain

Any person using other than vodafone in India and facing same call disconnecting issue.

Please acknowlege here.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrmonuk

I am from India purchase this phone 1 week ago, I am also facing same problem "CALL END" and battery problem in my phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrmonuk

I am using AIRTEL  from India and facing same problem

Please use plain text.
RohitJain

You can get your handset replaced immediately at any Nokia Care on account of your Battery problem:smileyhappy:

But not solution for call ending problem yet, many people are facing this problem even after their handset got replaced to new one. I think this one is software flaw effecting almost all handsets. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manuvimalmohan

Me on Aircel @ Bangalore, India having same problem.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ak75

Here is a temporary workaround to the issue (if it can be called as one):

Wherever possible do not use 'end call' to terminate the call. Let the called party terminate the call. With this approach I am not  hitting the issue so far, but with my Lumia 710.

Please use plain text.
brammers

I am on my 2nd Lumia 800 in a week...same problem with both phones...unable to end call..have done thenew sim/ update/reset/blah blah...still won't end call.

On various forums this seems to be an issue CAN NOKIA acknowledge this problem please.

My phone is sim free and cost me £400...NOT GOOD ENOUGH Nokia. Or at least inform us if this will be fixed with a future update.

Please use plain text.