Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't end a call in lumia 800

Counsellor
peterm54

Been experiencing same problem can't end call then freezing and then having to hold power key to power down then taking awhile to reboot,micro sum fitted on t-mobile

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manuvimalmohan

The good news is after the s/w update I have not faced this issue. It's been just 3 days so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunsandeep

I am from India. I have been following up with Nokia from the last 20 days regarding this issue.

Event the 710 got this issue and someone from Nokia replied them. Check it here /t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Can-t-end-call-in-Lumia-710/td-p/1261927
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

I am afraid, you will get the prob soon...as Nokia itself declared that they havent apllied the fix for the Call ending issue..which will due on the month of Feb...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Dear friend, i can understand your problem, best way is to ask the oposit person to end the call....and try to avoid making/recieving calls where there is hardly/no range....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

aah for Lumia 710 i am fearing this first time...and the guy in the above link is not from nokia.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tranz789

Same here. The update to 8107 has not resolved this issue.  Are we expecting another update to get this fixed?

Lumia 800 : N8 Black : E72 Black : E61 : N95
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumia_cipher

Facing the same problem with LUMIA 800. Happens intermittantly, but usually when I initiate the call and in longer duration calls. The Call end is acknowledged by ENDING... but it takes upto a minute to end. However there isn't a total hang since other functions continue over the same time.

I dont think its a sim issue since I use the same successfully on my android. Looks like a software glitch... Any solutions aprt frm the update?

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
Lumia800_naman

I am facing call disconnect hanging issue on my lumia 800 (i.e) i am not able to end the call.
* Clicked the end call button
* It is saying "ENDING....."
* But the call counter is incrementing.
* So i pressed the start button and the start screen came,but the call didn't ended and it is displaying the notification.
* After few seconds the whole device stops responding to the hardware buttons and touch screen.
* Only way to come out from the hang is long press the "Power Hardware button"(restart phone).

It is happening for 4-5 calls as an average out of 10 calls in a day randomly.

I have got my phone replaced once for this issue but he problem persists, I have applied the latest firmware update also but the issue is still there.

Is anyone facing this issue...???? 
Nokia care guys are telling that nokia is working on it,and will give another update in mid feb.....:smileysad:

M frustrated with the issue...

Any suggestion on refund?

Please use plain text.
Lumia800_naman

In my case it didn't. I gave my phone to Nokia care and they assured to fix it but it was not.Meanwhile they gave me a standby Lumia800,it also had same issue.I did tried with different provider SIM but with no respite.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manuvimalmohan

No call ending issue till now, 7 days since the update. Hope it keeps working :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manuvimalmohan

And on the 8th day it reports the error twice, had to reset the phone manually. Nokia plz help, situation desperate.
Please use plain text.
mario_m

[ Edited ]

As someone wrote earlier in a post, it looks to be related to the end of call notifications (mostly for prepaid cards), just turn them off, you should be able to do that online.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yeah, I wrote that, but no one has been able to confirm it..
My Lumia is still wtih Nokia for repairs..and I'm not entirely sure if  all networks allow you to turn off notifications? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DioFil

I am becoming to think that the problem its the end call notifications, or ussd codes. My network doesn't allow to turn them off.. But this last week I haven't face the problem and the notification always pop up.
when i try to use this codes like *#100# and the phone doesn't show me the notification, then a make a call and the phone takes a lot of time to end that call.
Please use plain text.
polefishing33

My phone does the same thing,it will not let me end the call but is still counting down the minutes,the only thing I can do is to power my phone my off then turn it back on,it Doesn't do this all the time,but can sometimes do this 3 times in a row,i did take this phone back to the shop where I had this from and they said this is the first they heard of this problem,they replaced the phone but it still does the same thing, tried replacing my sim card but still the same,does anyone have any ideas what else I can do?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Welcome to the club :smileyfrustrated:

could you tell us if you're on a contract or pay as you go sim? The current theory we have is that it's the balance message (commonly only related to PAYG) that is causing the problem..

Other than that, you could keep taking it back to the store/nokia care....and whilst i'm sad to suggest it - perhaps save yourself a bit of bother if it's a recent purchase & get a different phone, as it's only the lumias that seem to be affected by this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunsandeep

This is getting too frustrating!!! I am facing this issue for every outgoing call I make.

The worst part is, if someone else is calling you at the time ur phone is in "Ending..." state, then the other person can listen our phone ringing, but our phone would still be ending the last call!!!

And our phone would freeze or reboot itself, if there is an incoming call during "Ending...".

I am getting very frustrated by this.

NOKIA I AM LOOSING FAITH IN YOU!!!. May be I should have gone for an HTC or Samsung.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumia_cipher

I too think its related to network notifications as problem is on prepaid sims where u get the call summary after the calls. On postpaid connection, its fine for me, but the problem persists on prpaid sims.

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tranz789

It happened to me thrice today. I am on postpaid and this happened when the network connection was lost. I then realised that putting the phone in offline mode ( airplane mode) will help end this. But to my surprise the phone continued with the call timer and refused to end even in offline mode. 

Something is messed up and Nokia better take notice, the iphone 5 is just around the corner and it will blow the lights out of the ''lumia"

Lumia 800 : N8 Black : E72 Black : E61 : N95
Please use plain text.