Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't end a call in lumia 800

Advisor
arunsandeep

This is the reply I got from Nokia.

I asked him to atleast inform the same thing on the forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

this problem is their in Nokia 710 also  and Nokia is sleeping. and cheating continues by selling this product.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

So I checked my repair case status onilne & the estimated date for return is the 21st of FEBRUARY. That will make it almost 2 months I've not had my phone, with no guarantee of fixing this problem. I've not actually had my phone for a whole month since buying it :smileysad:

Does anyone who reads this thread know who I should be complaining to? I'm very disappointed with Nokia's dealings with this problem.

My previous thread asking for such help was shot down by some smug **bleep** giving me the same spiel that Nokia's automated feedback provides. Any help would be appreciated  :smileysad: :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

martial_loh wrote:

could you tell us if you're on a contract or pay as you go sim? The current theory we have is that it's the balance message (commonly only related to PAYG) that is causing the problem..

I'm on a contract and also have the issue (about 6 times in 2.5 months now, so it is still "acceptable")... so I guess your theory isn't correct.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mandy12

Change the phone. Or skip out frm Nokia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mandy12

Skip out frm Nokia that is the only way to weak up Nokia frm sleeping
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
andrei_guernsey

My problem is slightly different with Lumia 800. If I haven't missed the last call for one particular number, then I can initiate and end calls with that number.

However, if I miss one call from someone, then I cannot call that someone back. If I do, there are two random scenarios:

1. The call does not connect and if I try to end it, the phone will keep displaying 'Ending' and the only solution to fix it is to restart by holding power

2. The call connects but I cannot hear the other person (and he cannot hear me) and if I try to end the call, the phone will freeze and eventually restart.

I installed the update but it did not fix the issue. I'm on post pay and I have a microSIM from Cable and Wireless in Guernsey, Channel Islands.

Please use plain text.
RobHurd

I have the same trouble.

Lumia 800, United Kingdom, GiffGaff network.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kjetilsmedsrud

I speaked with a gentleman in a norwegian electronics shop today. He told me that this is a WP 7.5 general issue. HTC Titan and Samsung WP phones also suffers from this. It is to be fixed in the upcoming WP 7.6. Hope this is the case.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
csl749

This is incredibly frustrating. Seeing as though it affects the fundamental usability of the device (it's a phone!), it should be an expedited patch in its own right, not bundled with an OS feature update. It's been two months now.

A display of utter contempt for the user.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DioFil

Hi folks!!!

I have tried the nokia app "Network Setup" and so far the problem does not appear.

I am on the 10th day working normally! :smileyhappy:

Please try and keep us updated!

I will give news in a few days, reporting my status!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi all...just something from the Lumia 710 thread- a Nokia person said

"Nokia is continuing to analyze this software issue and is close to a fix.  The fix will be made available via Zune as soon as possible.  It is difficult to say when.  One other important fact about this issue is that the phone modem is responding to the call disconnect signal from the touch display, the call is taken down as it should.  The issue is that the user interface displays the call disconnect button but is should not.  Consequently consumer are not being excessively billed for a call that seems to be staying up."

Please use plain text.
Advisor
saurabhchhabra

Apparently this is not a nokia thing but a windows thing. Even HTC and the like are affected by this.

Source: http://wmpoweruser.com/poll-does-your-nokia-lumia-710-have-problems-ending-calls/

Lets hope microsoft comes up with a fix for this soon

Please use plain text.
Sage

@ Mandy

Why do blame Nokia? It might very well be a Windows Phone issue. Microsoft develops Windows not Nokia. I'd check out first if this is a generic WP7.x issue before complaining to Nokia.

Things are different with Symbian and Meego. In those cases Nokia created both the HW and software. In the case of Lumia the only thing Nokia did was porting over their navigation-software. 

Please use plain text.
Sage

@ saurabhchhabra

Good Luck with that.

Funny how easy ppl forget Microsoft's bad track record with updates/upgrades/fixes. Which is the main reason why the 'old' customers steer away from Windows Phone. Funny that Nokia just goes to bed with THEM!

And then they wonder why 'stupid shopkeepers' are reluctant to sell Nokia products. They prematurely kill off their 2 best assets to partner with the most unreliable source of OS's in the entire world.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Spac3Rat

Hello, dear friends.

I have purchased a Lumia 800 yesterday and I too suffer from both the issues that we find here and in other forums: the battery and the end call bugs.

About the end call, I may have found a pattern. It seems that it depends on the number you call. I have tried calling to 5 numbers and, ironically, my wife's number is the only one so far that causes the issue.

4 of the numbers I tried (including hers) are on my network. So it's not an "in network/out of network" issue either.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Lol, after a whole five days of getting my phone back from Nokia and the problem not occuring...it's come back :smileyhappy:

Sigh... is it really worth me sending back the phone AGAIN? I'm actually tempted to trade it in at a huge loss and pick up something else that works. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumia_cipher

Worse, during the end call hand phase, you can not even receive calls or make another call using add call. So if u r in a hurry, things could go bad. sometimes the hang stays for more than 5 minutes.

Ok, Microsoft or Nokia, it seems like a small software bug - fix it soon plz...You are killing an otherwise wonderful product with these glitches

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Occams_Cat

I have just attempted to to move over full time from a Samsung Galaxy S2 to this Lumia 800 - talk about mission impossible.  This (beautiful) phone has more issues that an 1970's built communist car. 

The dreaded 'End Call' bug has been driving me up the wall (added to the awful battery and a glutten of other issues) - I just called Nokia 'Customer Service' and after getting pushed around to the relevant department some robotic sounded women just kept on repeating the mantra that i'd have to send the unit back to Nokia...(And possibly wait for months) for a 'technician' to look at it.

Is that it Nokia?  Is that how you treat your customers these days?  Wow!  The best information she could have given was to acknowledge the problem, appologise and tell me that i'm better off waiting for a FW update to attempt to fix this generic software issue with all WP7.5 phones.  And as a matter of compensation ALL owners of these phones should be given a significant amount of credit for Apps or music etc...

If you really want to get back in the game, you can't release a phone with so many fundermental bugs and short-fallings, and then take so long to address them. And if you do (which you have!) at least treat your loyal customers with a little respect (incredulity?) for choosing your WP7 products.  We should be compensated for having to put up with this beta software, not forced to sell them at a massive loss to find a more dependable handset.

Shame. It's a beautiful phone and WP7 is a lot better than I had expected, but heavily let down by so many software issue, shallow OS options and too limited battery life.  In short, this is the best phone ever made but the worst Nokia i've ever owned.

Please use plain text.
jamran

I am on gift gaff in the UK and have turned the call notifications off and no longer have the call not ending issue :-)
Please use plain text.