Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't end a call in lumia 800

Sage
r2504

Occams_Cat wrote:

In short, this is the best phone ever made but the worst Nokia i've ever owned.

The problem is that Nokia can't do anything about it anymore... they've choosen to sell just phones and shop for their OS with Microsoft.  If it is buggy, people should complain at Microsoft, and hope they'll fix it... but having seen the rate at what/how they release firmwares I guess the call end issue won't be solved for the end of the year (if at all).

If the battery issue is hardware or software is something else... but I guess this is a software issue as well (since some people don't have issues with it).   Anyway, if you give up software on your phones... you will never be able again to give a good customer experience (making Nokia no other than any other hardware vendor).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Spac3Rat

Something I noticed: it seems it doesn't happen to me anymore, after I changed my plan from pre to post paid.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Occams_Cat

After reading the last few replies (thank you) - I cut up my Contract VF SIM and tried it in the Lumia - and low & behold it works!  No call ending issues.

Both my Giffgaff and Tesco PrePay SIMS still do this when put in the phone.  So it's a prepay only issue?

I have still boxed it up and will be sending it back on Monday for a replacement as I can't live with the awful battery life and occassional inability to boot the device after it runs completely flat.  Not to mention lots of other OS related issues, weak vibration levels & poor audio all round.

I'm sure they will want to 'fix' it or swap it for another Lumia 800, but I'd be a lot happier with a reconditioned N9 instead.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumia_cipher

Thi might be related to USSD notifications. We get call summary notifications in prepaid not in postpaid which may be causing the porblem  - becoz if u turn network notifications off it helps.

By the way, the only temp solution to this for prepay --- Let the other Guy drop the call - I have made touching the END CALL button a taboo...

Wether its Microsoft OS that's the culprit, NOKIA has to ensure that that the whole eco-systems set right. I am missing the frequency of updates as in Android - atleast critical updates must be given within a week . And Nokia seems to be sleeping.

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
kaibovick

i have lumia 800 for o month, just next day face same problem. It is big problem due to this problem my usage increasing a lot. I thought sim problem but same sim i can use other window mobile not any problem. To buy this mobile very frustrating. I keep this mobile at home not using now. waiting news for solve this problem. i visit once nokia care but they have no any solution
Please use plain text.
kaibovick

have the same problem it not happened to me 4 times but many many time. now am very afraid to make international call.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumia_cipher

[ Edited ]

@kaibovick : Your usage charges will not increase. The call is cutoff from the network when you press the END CALL only the software interface goes to a hanged state. Even though ur call timer is ticking, ur call has been dropped, so no need to worry about charges. You will be chargwd only for the actual duration of the call, not for the hanged state time.

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RohitSingh

So far in my experience of almost 2 months and 3 lumia 800s, i've come to the conclusion that the call ending issue is related to post call notifications on pre-paid sims (i have the same myself). And the work around for it, till the time it takes MS to come up with a fix, is to disable the same. Did this about a week back and havent had the issue since then. I would suggest every one to get in touch with their service proviers on the same.

Just a heads up, Vodafone subscribers in India can do this by messaging NPCN to 111. You receive a confirmation message and the service gets deactivated within 48 hours.

And regarding other issues like battery, etc. I really dont know what people are complaining about. With hourly checks for mails and a couple of live tiles and ocassional gaming, my phone generally gives me about 30 hours in a single charge. Dont know about others but thats pretty much satisfactory for me. And this is when my battery shows a charge capacity of around 1350 mAh.

Overall its a great phone and does about everything you can expect from a smartphone. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Occams_Cat

Well, you do know what people are complaining about because this forum and many others are littered with post relating to it!

The fact that you can get 'about 30 hrs' doing all that stuff on your phone, and I can't even get mine to last 18hrs doing *Nothing* at all, would suggest a big problem with some handsets.

Overall, it is anything BUT a 'great' phone! Can't end my calls, phone crashes, battery life is terrible. That's not great in my book :smileywink:

I'm glad your happy with your purchase, I hope Nokia deal with the customers who are experiencing these problems, quickly and effectively.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunsandeep

Hey the NPCN to 111 does not work for me, I always get a "You have entered the wrong keyword." reply.

I also tried contacting the vodafone care, but no use :smileysad: Plz let me know if it works for you
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunsandeep

The issue is increasing everyday, now every 2nd call I dial from my phone has the issue...getting extremely frustrated with the issue!!!

Nokia!! or MS!! release an update fixing this ASAP

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
peterm54

Have had my 800 just over a month had end call issues in first week of use but have not had any issues since , on t-mobile contract by the way
Please use plain text.
Advisor
palutz

Same thing for the Lumia 710.

And please, don't hide yourself behind a WP7 problem.

I develop for WP7 and this is my 4th device but it's the first time that this happened and still happening.

Please explain me one thing: but the "revolutionary" WP7 wasn't make to avoid errors, bugs, problems from hardware manufacturers and different devices implementation?

What the hell is a phone that is not able to manage properly a call???

Then don't bother people complaining why Android and iOS are selling more than you...

What a shame: I really like this phone, but it's simply missing the BASIC.

Unbelievable!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunsandeep

I called up Vodafone India, and they have no clue on how to disable the "Post Call Notifications", they say that the "NPCN" message to 111 worked before but now it does not, and we have to disable "call summary" at our end in the device.

The only work around right now is to wait for the other person to end the call or use a post paid connection.

This really SUCKS!!! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RohitSingh

@arunsandeep

Maybe it is location specific. I'm in Delhi and the same code did work for me. And since then i have not had the call ending issue. Its been almost a week now. In fact i've tried my phone in roaming as well. No issues at all. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hellorubal

Dear Friends,
Until now, like every one else , i used to believe that the issue is due to the "POST call notification"
BUT I FACED THE SAME ISSUE WITH A RECIEVEED CALL
In fact i was at the NOKIA CARE CENTRE ITSELF,
I was there to recieve my lumia 710!
NOKIA NEEDS TO RETHINK..,is it just the Post call notification that causes this issue? or something else.. EVEN INCOMINGS ARE EFFECTED! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jimm98y

I have the same problem - it happens randomly and it has already hapeened three times since the first of February when I bought this phone. I have prepaid Vodafone CZ SIM card - the same card with reduction works fine in my HTC Touch Pro.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
qhorse82

+1 !!

I've had my Lumia 800 for a month now and I love it except it keeps srewing calls !  Either I can't hang up or I can't place a call and have to try several times (which makes several missed calls to the person I'm calling).

I just can't keep this phone as it is not reliable business-wise. 

This is really sad because I tought I finally found a phone that was perfect for leisure and business...

I wish Nokia would say something about this.

Please use plain text.
medo25120100

nokia....solving this very big problem in nearst time,plz

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hellorubal

the NOKIA CARELINE EXECUTIVE SAYS:
What more can we do other than making replacement!
I'll tell you "GIVE THE DAMN FIX" or STOP SELLING DEFECTIVE HANDSETS!
Please use plain text.