Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't end a call in lumia 800

pontygo98

I am having the same problem with Lumia800 ... Jst brought it on 19th feb and updated the software but still experiencing the problem....

Call shows ' ENDING ' for about 1 minute after I have ended the call....

and I cant make another call while it shows ENDING and if I tey to then it hanghs up mt Lumia??

When can we expect this glitch to be sorted ??

Its very frustating ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Occams_Cat

"When can we expect this glitch to be sorted?"

Judging by Nokias interaction here and my first hand experience of their 'Nokia Care', anytime between now and when Hell freezes over.

I have just had my phone returned to me after giving it to my local Nokia 'Care' shop.  They did precisely NOTHING.  Didn't change the FW, didn't replace the handset, didn't bother to even call me when it was ready to pick up (I had to call - 'Oh yeah, that's been ready for a while').

They just took the phone bare-bones, didn't bother to wrap ot or label it. The Nokia 'Care' representative also refused to take my printed out A4 letter clearly explaining my issues, stating that the 'engineers' 'wouldn't read and couldn't care less about it.'

Sure enough, as expected the 'engineers' simply re-installed the Nokia Diagnostic app (which we've all be running here), and then 'tested the unit' and found no problems.  In doing so, completely ignoring the long term erratic battery life issues and completely ignoring the fact that the phone will spend days NOT ENDING CALLS!

Nokia - This phone may look pretty.  But your software and customer service are both DISGRACEFUL.

Furthermore - I was also informed that Nokia runs a '3 returns' policy before they will consider giving me a replacement unit.  So i'd have to waste over a month having this phone sent back and forth before hand.  What choice do I now have other than selling the handset at a great loss?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
flamingbadger

For those on GiffGaff in the UK, I had exactly the problems described here with a Lumia 800. The solution for me was to turn off the notifications that are automatically sent to the phone by the network when you finish a call that tell you your balance. I switched them off over a month ago and have had no re-occurance of the problem. It may be that I got lucky but it seems to have worked for me.

Hope this helps someone else.
Please use plain text.
Arulsingh

Thanks Mr. Flamingbadger. your solution have helped me even, which was irritating me for the past two months.

I hope the reader can you this step as a temporary fix for this issue.

Arulsingh
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zyxwv

@flamingbadger can u tell us how to turn of these notifications
Please use plain text.
Advisor

@zyxwv

the best way is to contact your service provider. I just disabled mine through the o2 website (had to chat to one of their "online gurus") I'll report if this seems to  fix the problem. 

and for whatever reason nobody from Nokia is responding to this particular  thread, but over in the Lumia 710 thread there have been further pleas from the Nokia staff to bear with them and be patient for a solution.

Please use plain text.
deanoo

Take off your screen protector. Good luck
Please use plain text.
deanoo

Take off your screen protectors it worked for me, let me know if it works for you?.

Please use plain text.
deanoo

Have you got a screen protector on? I can end calls now I have taken it off? Hope this helps?

Please use plain text.
deanoo

Have you got a screen protector on five just taken mine off and can now end calls. Hope this helps you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dreamstrue

I have loved the phone. But this problem is really annoying me. I dont know why Nokia or windows is not bothered for such a big bug. Everytime i mke a call its just cant end for about 5 min. Till that time i cant even make any other calls. Its just not fullfilling the basic phone functionality first before calling it a smart phone. I think if it continues they will loose again like Symbian was. Immediate actions should be taken else wp7+nokia fails. 

Please use plain text.
rick1973

If your on Giff Gaff then goto
www.GiffGaff.com
goto my giffgaff
goto phone settings
goto Balance ntifcations
uncheck box and save
done
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dreamstrue

I am not on Giff.

rick1973 wrote:
If your on Giff Gaff then goto
www.GiffGaff.com
goto my giffgaff
goto phone settings
goto Balance ntifcations
uncheck box and save
done

Please use plain text.
monica_K

i just got a microsim card.and put it in my lumia 800.everything works the wi-fi, the sms, except a major problem - the phone turns black when i call or anwers phonecalls. this means i cant end the call and cannot use the phone while calling.i must ask people to hang up on me and then aften a few seconds when the call ends the screen comes back on again.one time i hade to turn it off hold the button a long time to get it back on. i have turned the phone on and off,reinstalled the phone and put the sim card out and in.

but same problem.

this makes the phone useless for phoning. i have asked nokia for help and awaiting anwer

Please use plain text.
Dmjval

Got the SOLUTION guys !
I've just forced an update with the last one nokia published (12070). It was (for the moment) only available in Singapour but i forced the update with WP cab sender ( see xda forum : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1306415)
It fixed the problem for me.
Hope it will work for all of those who face call end issues =).
Couldn't wait a solution from Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

Yep I can also confirm that it has now been resolved 12070 sorts it completely.

In fairness this is the new firmware so Nokia HAVE actually solved the problem.
Please use plain text.
Dmjval

They solved it but I don't think it was the meaning of it, just look at the mentionned fixed issues, there no one mentionning end call issue :smileyhappy: However, i'm glad its fixed, i can fully enjoy my lumia 800.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dreamstrue

I am from India. But when i connect the phone to Zune. Its not showing any update. I dont know whats the problem. Does any one knew whats the problem.

Please use plain text.
vickirl

Thank you this worke for me.

I had the same problem, namely whenever I called back a missed call my nokia lumia 800 got literally blocked and then it restarted after 15-25 sec. I went 3 times 50km way to nokia service in Wavre (BE) but my issue was not solved. I even had my telephone changed last time. 

So I tried your steps #2 and 3 and it worked. At least it has been no issue for the last 15minutes.

One specification though guys, for steps 2 and 3 you have to go to settings then mobile network (there you'll be able to perform these actions).

I hope you will solve your issues as well.

Please use plain text.
vickirl

Sorry guys, I see that my comment figures as the last one, but the important e-mail with necessary solution is on another page, so perhaps it should be useful to recall the steps I referred to;

So, the solution that worked for me was

Steps:

2. Switch off 3G in cellular settings;
3. Switch on roaming;

Please use plain text.