Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't end a call in lumia 800

Advisor
lumia_cipher

Updated my phone 3 days back &  Guess what .. the issue is fixed :smileyhappy: ! Havent had the problem for the last 3 days. Lets see how long it lasts :smileysad: .... Update available in India.

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
spanishgringo

I have the same problem on my Lumia 800. Since updating to firmware .11500 it has not happened again. Before that, it was very often. As far as I could tell, it always happened when I had music playing (specifically podcasts) before I made/received the call
Please use plain text.
furious99

I am from India I use a Nokia Lumia 800. My piece is from Finland. So there is no call ending update yet for my phone. When I went to the Nokia Care to fix it, they said I have to wait till the update for Finland comes out because the phone is not accepting the product code/software blah blah.

My question is, is this problem only for prepaid users? Or does it happen to postpaid users also? Because someone was telling me there is a glitch in the prepaid account balance notification once the call is ended hence the problem. I sthat true or do postpaid users also experience the same problem? Keeping in mind my phone is from Finland.

Please use plain text.
gbubemi55

I had similar problem but no more.  My network used to send me a text after each call informing me of duration and cost.  I read from Nokia discussion forum someone's experience and called my network provider to stop the text after each call.

And the problem was solved.  Check this out if same applies to you?

Please use plain text.
SoMeOnE_21

the person above my comment is right,though it should not be an issue in the first place ! (thats for you Nokia) you need to turn off your credit/min balance notifier that pops up after each call and you won't be having this issue.

It worked for me as well (though on another note i'm on my second lumia after a warranty claim .....the first one comepletely bricked for no apparent reason and could not be fixed ! ) great phone but you rushed it guys..reliability is so unlike Nokia's of before

Please use plain text.
zkidkid

Hi,

I just bought Lumia 800 this evening and found the call ended 0:0 error tonight.

I have found my own solution so I post here if someone get a same error:

First: Go to Phone Setting ( or call setting)

Second: Change the value Show my caller ID To:  My contacts & waiting for the notification "Done" ( at top of screen) show & hidden.

Third: change it to everyone ( and still waiting for the "Done" notification).

Then back to call.

Have fun & Enjoy with your beautiful phone :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
teekert

I have the same issue, sometimes a black screen when ending a call with no way to hang up. Especially annoying when you don't want to talk into a voicemail...

The update of today did not fix it. Actually, todays update even added a problem, I get these weird sound problems, volume levels 1-5 are max level and 6-30 are fine... also reported here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24196295

I'm very annoyed by this, I can never play a game with sound on.

Now lets hope for thethering, full resolution photo uploading to skydrive and a Google+ app and I might consider buying a wp7 phone again :smileywink:

Off line navigation rocks by the way.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
abjbhat

Hey zkidkid, your solution worked for me. To those wondering.. this phone is using an Airtel prepaid SIM.
Present: Lumia-820
Past: E6, L-800, N8, N900, 5800 XM, 6500 Slider, 6303c
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DioFil

I think now a could say "It's SOLVED", thanks nokia!

After the update .12070 more then one month ago, no more "ending calls" problems!

Thanks to all who reply to this post and helped to solve the problem.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RayAdams

Unfortunatelly I sow this bug a few times after last firmware too. Just a ywo minutes ago I forces to restart phone to end call.

So I assume this has not been fixed in last update :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
pramodcp

some times calls not connected or not able to make call after restart then its ok
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meteakj

I have exactly  the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 800 despite all updates. But have noticed how get back the screen again so that I can stop the call.

When the screen is black and you want to stop your phone call, press top of the screen just below NOKIA logo, keep pressing as the screen is back again, continue pressing and stop the call with another finger. That's the way how I can stop the phone call and how my Lumia works. 

I have not read all messages of this topics so if someone have already noticed this way and have telling from that, I am sorry for my  laziness.

But if not, so hopefully this way works other too.

Waiting NOKIA fix !

Meteakj

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vinayakinfosoft

[ Edited ]

same problem i am not able to disconnect it. some time it may take few min. to disconnect - even we are not able to operate mobile meanwhile.

vikash mundhra

Moderators notes: Link removed. 

www.vinayakinfosoft.com
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumia_cipher

Hi vinayakinfosoft,

Did u update ur phone? Try updating it to the latest firmware using ZUNE. the problem will probably go away. Also turn off post-call notification sms.
Hope this helps.
vinayakinfosoft wrote:

same problem i am not able to disconnect it. some time it may take few min. to disconnect - even we are not able to operate mobile meanwhile.

LUMIA 800 - Galaxy S - E6 - Wave II - MotoRazr V3 - Nokia 3510 - and the best Nokia 3310 !
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shikhar10882

Have applied all the available updates to my Lumia, still, if I have a call lasting for more than 2 mins, there is no way my screen will allow me to end it.. 

The only way is to wait for the other person to end it.. my screen remains blank black and totally unresponsive... even teh hardware buttons.. 

And the scenario continues till the call is disconnected from the other end.. .

Just implemented the solution recommended by zkidkid... 

will update on its sucess tomorrow!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shikhar10882

Just an update...
the solution recommendation by zkidkid is a 'NO GO" for me guys...
Looking forward for some more possible supports please.!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
selaiman90

I'VE GOT THE SOLUTION GUYS!!!!

JUST CUT A SMAAL PART OP THE PRETECTIONS SCREEN PLASTIC ON RIGHT TOP OF THE PHONE!!

AND WOOOP IT WORKS! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BeaW

Im having the same problem, when i call someone i have to tell the other person to hang up because i cant. It goes black screen i place it in diffrent positions and try hovering my fingers over my sensors, it flicks bac to the screen for a second. And before you have chance to press to end the screens blackout again. Its using my minutes. This issue only seems to be getting worse. I cant even do loudspeaker any more as there is no screen. Also if i call someone and it goes to answer machine i still cant hang up, so therefore im wasting minutes on an answer machine by trying ways to hang up. Its lucky im on a contract i tell you!
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi BeaW,

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions!

Are you using a protective screen cover for the phone? If yes, try to remove it. It is possible that the screen cover activates the proximity sensor which explains why the screen goes blank during a call to prevent accidents ending it.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Del7a

I am having the exact same problem. When I call someone that doesn't pick up, I end up leaving them an answer phone message of me strugling to reset the phone. I have no screen protector, or case. just the phone. That is all that can be broken.

Please use plain text.