Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't end a call in lumia 800

Advisor
DioFil
Accepted Solution

Can't end a call in lumia 800

[ Edited ]

I have my lumia 800 for a week, and now its happening something strange.. When i'm in a call for some time, and i want to end it the phone doesn't let me. Its still responsive, i can go to the start screen, etc.. but the phone call remains on top with the message "ENDING". After a couple of minutes the phone freezs completely and reboot.

Someone had the same problem??

It's not happening always, but it's frustrating... I was having such a pleasant use and then this happens.. and i'm becoming a little sad and worried.

I dont's know if its a problem of hardware, it seems software because doesn't occur always.

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Can't end a call in lumia 800

Sounds like a sim card issue.

I had a phone a few years ago that used to do the same, fixed it by getting my sim replaced with a new one.

Call your network and ask if they can send you a new sim. It should be free without loss of number or credit.

If the phone still does it after replacing the sim it may be a software or a hardware issue.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Have the same problem. Bought my lumia 800 one month ago. This happened to me 4 times...very annoying. After a call, my screen remained black. Could not unlock or do anything..phone totally blocked. The battery has not empty, checked that already. I had to hold the power button for 10 sec and release. I'm a bit worried with this. This issue happened again today. And it is sometimes very hard to switch on the phone again. Hope this will be fixed through an update.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DioFil

I will try that!!! Thanks a lot, i never thought of that, because the sim in new, i bought it to put it in the phone... but maybe its not working fine.

I will post news soon.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DioFil

Sina, my problem is different, because the phone is functional, i can do everything except end the call or send sms, everything related to the network.

The call is in the state "ENDING" forever..

I have to turn off the phone eventually..

Please use plain text.
FZRashid

I have exactly the same problem, the screen goes blank and I can't end call, has to force restart. Extremely annoyed. Any help with regards to this would be highly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Advisor
theoutermost

I have exactly the same issue here. Had my Lumia since launch day.

It doesn't happen with every call, but I've had it happen about 4 times so far. The call seems to end at least there is no sound to suggest the line is still open, but the screen says call ending with the call time still ticking over. The only way to get out of it seems to be to force restart the phone which is a pain.

Hopefully some news about how to solve this will be forthcoming.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
csl749

I've also suffered from this, though only once.
Please use plain text.
ibhadelia

I just purchased new one, and I am getting this issue from first call only! Restart does fix issue once, but then its still comming randomly!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
saurabhchhabra

Even I am having the same issue.. had to face this 4 times today itself.. if anyone has a fix.. do tell me ..

Please use plain text.
Sage
TheBigM

I also have this problem. My sim was fine in my first windows phone - the HTC HD7. This does seem to be a Nokia-specific issue. Never heard of it on any Windows Phone.

It started for me about a week ago, the first month it was fine. Based on when it happens to me, I suspect it is due to cold weather.

At the very least, we need Nokia to acknowledge this issue and investigate it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arunsandeep

I am also facing the same issue. I cannot end the call immediately..it takes a minute or two to end the call and sometimes the phone also freezes and restarts on its own.

I am even not able to dail the service numbers like *145# (balance enquiry for vodafone in India).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
George_gui

[ Edited ]

I have tried, situation is better than before, but it still happens sometime,,so sad , ,,, I always support Nokia !

Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

So far I had this twice... for me it was when I entered my car and dialed a number from the phone instead of via the car controls (bluetooth).  At that time I didn't get a connection, and when I tried to end it it stayed on "ENDING".

Only solution was to switch of the phone... applications kept working however.

Please use plain text.
Sage
TheBigM

I spoke with someone from Nokia today. (Impressed with their customer service in that respect :smileyvery-happy: ). He asked me to do a factory reset of my phone. As luck would have it, the bug has not affected me today and I haven't been able to re-create it. I'm going to try not resetting for now. If it does occur then I am going to reset the phone.

Perhaps you other guys whom this bug is also affecting, try to see if there is a common pattern to its occurrence. Personally, I had suspected either related to music playing or cold weather performance but maybe it's not that.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DioFil

I tried the factory reset but doesn't work and i can't find any common pattern, unless the cold weather its the cause, but i don't believe it is.. because when this happen to me i was always inside and was not could at all.

The music playing i already rule out, because i'm always listening and never occurred when i'm listening.

I think this is an hardware problem, because in other windows phones this doesn't happen (i already search and didn't find anything, and my sister has a HTC and works fine)
Maybe its a microsim problem, i didn't try a new sim yet because for now it stopped, but if it begins to annoying me again i will try that.

One thing is certain, I did not expect so many people with this problem, so it is something real and not just on my card or my region. maybe a factory defect, i hope this can be solved with an update.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arunsandeep

Out of all the users out there...how many of u r facing the same problem with a cut sim card??

I too have cut my regular sim card and using it my Lumia 800. This problem occurs very frequently.

I love both Nokia n Microsoft, but its sad n frustrating to find issues like these.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DioFil

My sim card is brand new... I am beginning to think the problem its not in the sim, but in the phone.
From the feedback here we are not finding a pattern.. The only point in common its the phone, so maybe its there the problem.

I already contact customer support, Someone else contact it for this? Not in a store but by email or something? I don't think they will read this discussion.
Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

Mine is a cut SIM card as well but that shouldn't make any difference... the chip is the same, it's only plastic that is cut of.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
saurabhchhabra

I got my phone replaced today.. its still happening.. more frequently.. :-(

earlier it was maybe 2 in 10 calls or so.. now its every other call.. one thing i noticed is that when this happened, it was not showing any network..

maybe that's the thing.. the phone is not able to find the network or the sim is a bit loose..

Please use plain text.