Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't end call in Lumia 710

dineshbhati

Can't end call in Lumia 710

[ Edited ]

Since purchasing the Lumia 710, i am facing the problem of "some of the call cant be ended even after pressing call end key for several times then phone goes in hang mode and getting restrated automatically. The probelm is persisting even after changing the sim and updating with nokia care.

Situatuion is very embarrasing

Nokia must solve the issue or replace the phone as they have done with Lumia 800. Its a humble request.

yrs

Dinesh Kumar

Alwar [India]

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Post edited, phone number removed. Please do not post personal information on the forum.

Please use plain text.
jekiboi20

Hi dineshbhati,

I think you should try first to troubleshoot the device.. Try first to reset the settings of your phone.. Settings>about>reset..

contact Nokia Care if the issue still occurs..

Have a great day.! :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
dineshbhati

Thanks for yr kind suggestion

I hv tried everything including software update by Nokia care. But all failed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@dineshbhati

Interesting that both of these Windows OS devices Lumia 710 & 800 should be blighted by this issue when making making longer calls, which was about 15 minutes in my case!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ak75

Hey,

I am facing the same issue.  Some times the call ends after a few minutes. But some times, it hangs there and the only way to recover is to power off the device. 

The phone UI is just amazing...but if the most basic thing doesnt' work, what is the point?

Hope this is issue gets fixed soon.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ak75

Here is a temporary workaround to the issue (if it can be called as one):

Wherever possible do not use 'end call' to terminate the call. Let the called party terminate the call. With this approach I am not  hitting the issue so far with my Lumia 710.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rahulmoudgil

hi 

i have just taken  a nokia lumia 710 just 2 days back and im facing a same problom, whn i end the call it gets hangup and the battery backup is just of max. 1.5 hrs (calling time), i have submited to nokia care and they told me to come after 7-10 days because they have send the phone to head office whch is in banglore, im very much fedup and demorolise that i have taken it just 2days a new sealed pack phone and im facing a problom,

what r u doing , i mean since u r facing a problom what action u r taking? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nanzprateek

With so much promotion of your Lumia you have such stupid issues with your mobiles, its a shame. I am facing exactly the same problem and I can't end calls which are around longer than 15 minutes. I have to actually power down the mobile everytime. My java phone was smarter than this Lumia damn it. I should have rather bought the Samsung Omnia W, i bought this compromising on the features hoping for a good customer service but trust me Nokia managed to suck at that too. If i register a complaint at your customer care, I do not even get a call back for more than 2 weeks until I call them up myself !! I am frustrated with your service, if you make customers pay for your devices then make sure you serve them well enough but no you are too busy releasing your Lumia phones all around the world and marketting them.

Please use plain text.
demusfi

Hi, I faced the same problem, bought my 710 from Singapore and living in Finland. Cannot end calls without switching off the phone. Could Nokia now do something to this issue? They don't even sell the model in Finland yet (which is ridiculous from a Finnish company), so I don't know about the support here...

Please use plain text.
shailparikh

Same problem !!! An update/fix soon please!! Have always been a nokia user and expect a good response from you guys!

Please use plain text.
surezzh

i had the following issues with my new nokia lumia 710,

1. can't end the calls.

2. very poor battery backup

3. can't switch off the device when am charging. automatically switched on.

currently i handovered the device to nokia care centre.

and am waiting for get back my device soon..

please nokia peoples , try to solve the above isssues as soon as possible

we invest our valuable money for this device.

suresh.g

chennai

Please use plain text.
bharatj

Hi Dineshbhati,

Even I am facing this problem. The alternative solution I found is to switch off the TTY/TDD mode.

To switch off the TTY/TDD mode:

Goto Settings -> System -> ease of access

and set TTY/TDD mode  to off.

I am still testing this solution.

Regards,

Bharat

Please use plain text.
parveen36

hi dinesh i am also facing same problem . submitted phone twice to Nokia care will receive it back on 21 st Jan hope they will resolve the problem this time.
Please use plain text.
jayhem2000

I am facing same problem. When I show this discussion ,I feel Nokia know this problem with lumia 710 and still selling this phone means company cheating everyday with customer. I will file case in court for
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ak75

Hi,

Has any one got this problem resolved by getting a replacment for Phone or SIM?

Is there any Lumia 710 /800 user who has never faced this issue?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Employee

Nokia is aware of this issue and will provide a software fix as soon as possible.  Stay tuned....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
joelsilva

Yes definetely nokia is cheating. in Nokia 710 Many problems in it i purchased it on 14 th Jan 2012 ant till today i am not used it . the day i purchased  incoming and outgoing calls are hanged , Contacts cannot be trasferd form Mokia 6300 to Nokia 710 throuch blootooth option avaliable in nokia 710. I given that nokia 710 to two nokia care in tamil nadu Center on 17th Jan 2012 . till now no reply from them nokia care cener also saying they are given with nokia  technical team  . with out checking this phone they launced the nokia 710 in market . they are playing with the ppeople money . and also doing research on People money . Usless Phone from Noka 710.. Please think twice before purchasing this phone .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ak75

@joelsilva

I have not heard any one saying this phone as useless. Could be a h/w issue and that can happen for any phone. You could get it replaced.

@jayhem2000

I am with you on this.  Nokia should not be selling a phone with such a basic functionality not working, or they should have fixed it as soon as it is reported.

As they are sleeping on this issue, a bit of Media coverage will help to wake them up. I was wondering how to do it. Going to consumer court definitely is one of the way..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
joelsilva

I am still saying this is useless phone from  nokia As Nokia knows the issue and still nokia has not withdrawn the phone from market. if some one faces the same problem . Nokia care should have given a  new braand Phone as a replacement . but till today they are saying it is under process. on nokia site the issue is highlited on starting of jan 2012  but till today they are not giving any feed back . i purchase on 14th Jan 2012  but till today that phone is not with me it is in nokia care . are they sleeping with the phone. if i am wrong please tell the person who will buy this phone i will sell it for half the price of market value.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anupamtyagi106

[ Edited ]

Updated my phone today..........
there is a firmware update...available.....
n the prob vanished.....
but still testing.....!

Please use plain text.