Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't end call in Lumia 710

Counsellor

i know your felling as i have gone to the same fellings . their was no joy of buying this product . it gave only tension and loss of money . i tried to sell this phone . they are only giving Rs 5000. and this is the exact value of this product at present. and may be soon we have to put it in dustbin as this is of no use.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AshutoshInfy

[ Edited ]

Hi

Already raised:

Can you plz suggest why am getting issue:

Phone is hanged after almost each call and unable to discoonect till next 50 sec approx.

It will be helpful if you verify why such problem is there and is really a bug and till when i expect resolution as I already gone to nokia centre and updated firmware.

No solution of this issue.....

Plz help if you can

Response:

1.change sim to 64k sim from 32k(i dont know why but it means i have to again cut another sim)

2.update Firmware(alreday done by Nokia care centre ,Pune -Omkar complex)

3.give it for R&D to work(Wow...my cell is choosen for research ...that means my money and party time has been sacrificed ...Lumia..you have to pay for this)

It really to be with such response that Nokia is going to lauch some updation with Zune.

Move and Prove why you are best!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

My nokia lumia 710 History  In Brief

1) Purchased Nokia Lumia 710 on 14th Jan 2012 fro  RS. 19000

2)On 16th Jan 2012 Given to nokia care center for calls cant end and Network connectivity issue.they updated the software and gave back but sfter software update the same issue repeated.c

3)on 17th Jan 2012 again i have submited the phone to nokia care and they repeated the same story updated the latest sowtware and gave back but again  the problem was not solved ie incoming and out going calss cannot be disconnected .

4)on 18th jan 2012 i have submited the phone to the same noki care center and this time they said wed have to send the mobile to Nokia Head Office in Delhi and it will take aprox  10 working Days. to receive my phone back to me.

5)after almost 10 days i have got my Nokia Lumia 710 on 2nd Feb 2012 from Nokia care Center. and they told problem is solved. but After two Days i used the phone on 4th Jan 2012 i found that problem back ie incoming and out going calls cant be disconneted and also Internet not getting connected.

so immediateli  i called theat nokia care  center and bla bla bal they tell as usual . but refund they will not give or replacement different cell they will not give they said . 

hahahahahahahahah so tomorrow i will go and fooll some one and sell this mobile for few money not even 30 % i will get  back for this phone  i guess . as how Nokia Fooled  me and folled  all Purchaser of Nokia Lumia 710 and Nokia Lumia 800.

Nokia Keep on Fooling People Keep it up. this is my last purcahse from nokia and i will think as if someone robed my money so called NOKIA.

JOEL

Please use plain text.
abhs_cool

I got lumia710 two days back and im facing the same problem. Basic purpose of ending call is not served. Nokia shame on you guys. I got the phone from my first salary. Please do something about it. Otherwise your last hopes of surviving will also vanish after failure of SYMBIAN OS. I want an answer from you guys.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PsykoManyak

things to do:

∇make a backup file

restore device

∇update software of the windows phone using Zune

NB: if all else fails, return the device to your point of purchase

Please use plain text.
Superzar2000

Nokia has now aknowledged the problem is will soon be providing a fix:

"Nokia is continuing to analyze this software issue and is close to a fix. The fix will be made available via Zune as soon as possible. It is difficult to say when. One other important fact about this issue is that the phone modem is responding to the call disconnect signal from the touch display, the call is taken down as it should. The issue is that the user interface displays the call disconnect button but is should not. Consequently consumer are not being excessively billed for a call that seems to be staying up."
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sid12456

[ Edited ]

Few things I'd like to say, I purchased my Lumia 710 on 3rd of this month for 15.5k.

Within a few hours of use i was amazed by the Phone's OS and features, especially for the price. 

I'm also experiencing the Call not ending issue too, It is incredibly irritating i agree and Nokia MUST give it top priority and solve it ASAP.

I logged on here actually to see If Nokia has provided any updates regarding the status of the issue, and i had to read through 4 pages of incessant whining by mostly the same people to find 2 posts from Nokia.

If you feel cheated by Nokia and want to sue them, you have every right to, and I agree with 2-3 posts from a person with a complaints and requests for updates from Nokia but 2-3 people going on and on about it is irritating.

and those complaining about the features should have thought about the lack of a front Camera, etc before buying the phone! Your responsible for your purchase, and its responsibility to find out before buying what features the phone has and doesn't.

Before all of you start attacking me, just don't do it in this thread! If you want to slate me feel free to create a new one and do so, but please leave this one free so its easier for people to find Updates from the Nokia team re: this bug in the Lumia 710.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Prishu

I have purchased lumia 710 and i have the same problem please fix this issue ASAP 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nadeem16

I guess everyone of lumia 710 users are facing this problem,damn mobile,it would be nice if Nokia ppl wakeup soon to solve this issue
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnsonkorah

yes i to agree with this suggession. the idiot nokia priority centre guy cheated me. i asked him repeatedly any probs with battery life. he said ok sir oksir 

Please use plain text.
Nyk03

Same problem is occuring. why nokia is not responding to this. and can anybody tell whether your other headphones are working on your lumia 710. because mine are not working.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
palutz

So, any news?

It's about two months that you're investigating on this. Any nws? This is really annoying and also RIDICULOUS (Nokia is really RIDICULOUS).

Where is the amazing everyday? Where is it in a phone that is not able to be a simple phone, that is missing the BASIC.

I already updated my 710, this is my data

OS version; 7.10.8107.79

Firmwre: ------.7740.11465

and ths problem happened to me twice yesterday and also once today. Unbelievable!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vinaykinagi

Ending calls with double tap

Hi,

I too own a Lumia 710 and have faced the same problem. However, I discovered that double tapping the End Call button in quick succession (just like double-clicking a Windows folder) ends the call. This works every time. Now, my Lumia is a joy to use.

Please use plain text.
sunilgagneja

[ Edited ]

I purchased the lumia 710 on 13 th Feb 2012. While purchasing the nokia executive over there recommended this as the best option available in the market at rs 15000 price tag.

On the very next day when i put my sim inside and get the first call the call does not disconnected. I wondered and search forums for this problem and found that its a serious matter which NOKIA has not addressed since last 3 months.

Since its a large company and their market position is at stake, any one can wonder how nokia has launched lumia 710 without testing the very common problem. Nokia shoud sucks their testing division and should come up with a fix on priority basis.

As i have been fooled by the nokia executive by not telling the lumia disconnection problem.

I hope i have to think badly before purchasing the nokia products in the future.

VERY BAD !!!   NOKIA 

sunil 

chandigarh

(India)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
palutz

That could be nice...
But please explain me how can I double tap while using my phone with the hand free car set or with a bluetooth set?
Come on... do you think is it serious that we have to act as a crazy monkey tapping on the screen to close a conversation.
NOKIA where is the update???????????
Please use plain text.
rkkkpatel

Same problem of call not ending, I'm too facing with lumia 710.

Can any one tell how to change ring tones. so far, I tried out, v can only select ring tone from default built in tone list.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hellorubal

Dear Friends,
Until now, like every one else , i used to believe that the issue is due to the "POST call notification"
BUT I FACED THE SAME ISSUE WITH A RECIEVEED CALL
In fact i was at the NOKIA CARE CENTRE ITSELF,
I was there to recieve my lumia 710!
NOKIA NEEDS TO RETHINK..,is it just the Post call notification that causes this issue? or something else.. EVEN INCOMINGS ARE EFFECTED! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
anupamtyagi106

[ Edited ]

just go to zune.....! and navigate to ur music collection....
right click on the song which u want as ur ringtone...n select edit,then
Select its Genre as ringtone...!
now sync the song again.....n disconnect ur phone...now your phone will show it as ringtone ....(it will be displayed at the top of the list of ringtones)
enjoy
!

Please use plain text.
Bhavnaakhanna

its very poor that Nokia has made such kind of moblies which are based on Windows but cannot end the call and create such a messy hangup....Such a shame Nokia....can't believe that such a huge Brand products having this type of basic phone issues like Noe ending long calls, hanging problem and then restart automatically......

Atleast, Replace those products and Hansdsets which are having these issues..Its really really frustrating me.....When Nokia will make such software which can handle these small issues...

Please use plain text.
joelsilva_77

ha ha ha shamless nokia . and take advice of joelslobo inprevious post .

Please use plain text.