Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't find how to shut off File Transfer Mode with...

MinstrelPains

Can't find how to shut off File Transfer Mode with Nokia Lumia 820

I've spent the better part of two hours searching the Internet for information on how to turn off File Transfer Mode since my phone started refusing to connect to my home computer, today.

The pdf user's guide doesn't say how to find it.  I've been digging through the menu on the phone trying to find anything that resembles File Transfer Mode so I can click it off.

The other FAQ and discussion groups I've located are irrelavent as the information they contain doesn't transfer to my Nokia 820 (they suggest options which don't exist on my phone).

Please, where does one start looking for File Transfer Mode on this phone so they can shut it off, and why isn't that information printed in the troubleshooting documents and self help files for these phones?

I connect through the USB cable to my PC.  I have downloaded and installed Nokia PC Suite v.7.1.180.94 this morning in hopes that it would fix the connectivity problem, but unless I can get File Transfer Mode shut off somehow, my new phone's going to wind up being useless.

Nokia Lumia 820, Windows 8 phone
HP Pavilion Slimline s52021, Windows 7 Home
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Can't find how to shut off File Transfer Mode with Nokia Lumia 820

have you searched these forums and tried a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? Bear in mind that no, Nokia Suite, or Nokia PC Suite do not work with Windows Phone 8 devices at all, only the Windows Phone app does.

See if other devices connect to your PC, and try other USB ports.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.