Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't get past password screen on my Nokia Lumia 6...

susehfc
Accepted Solution

Can't get past password screen on my Nokia Lumia 610

I bought a Nokia Lumia 610 second hand today and saw it working etc. However when I got it home and turned it on it wouldn't let me operate the phone properly. I scrolled up to find it asking for a password. Now the problem is, the person I bought the phone from is not answering his texts, calls or emails and it looks like he has sold me the phone and blocked it. Is there a way around this at all as I really like the phone and want to use it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Can't get past password screen on my Nokia Lumia 610

You could try hard resetting it as follows. With the phone powered off, press and hold the vol down +power+ camera buttons. When the phone vibrates, release the power button and release the remaining two buttons 5 seconds after that.

Please use plain text.
susehfc

Wow, thank you so much. I got it on after hours of trying to reset with just the home and volume button. I take it this will be it sorted now? He could be smart and try and get the phone blocked permamently or will the same reset sort it again?

Many thanks. First time posting here and fantastic fast response.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The password you encountered was just the homescreen lock. Don't think he blocked it, as such.

Please use plain text.
susehfc

You are right, it was the home screen one but after a night of my phone showing no service I went onto the carrier website and put in the IMEI number, turns out the phone has been blocked and the only way I can get it unblocked by them is if the guy phones them up to verify it was his phone. Chances of that are zilch. I take it this can't be sorted without his help? Do I have a dud phone after all? Grrr!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ludwe

so what can i do to open it
Please use plain text.