Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can the type of microSIM affect call quality? ...

m_o_h_a_n
Accepted Solution

Can the type of microSIM affect call quality? [Lumia 820]

Hi,

I bought a Nokia Lumia 820 3 weeks back. I live in India and BSNL is my carrier. I have gone through 3 different types microSIMs.

Initially my nokia dealer cut the old SIM which I used in my nokia expressmusic [5130/5310?]

This had terrible call clarity and lot of dropped calls.

Then I tried to get a new microSIM from BSNL, but they gave me a normal SIM with small contact points. And this SIM was cut to microSIM size. This did not help with the call quality and droppped calls.

Finally I got a real microSIM from BSNL. With this SIM i have not had many dropped calls. But I am not 100% satisfied with voice quality. Some calls are crystal clear but while others sound muffled. Almost like someone did a bass boost. I have not been able to narrow down whether it is a problem with my phone or the callers phone. But never had this problem with my old Nokia ExpressMusic :smileysad:

Any tips/suggestions appreciated.

thanks

mohan

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Can the type of microSIM affect call quality? [Lumia 820]

I would test that sim you have in another phone if possible to see if the same happens,this will narrow down if its the phone or sim..

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Can the type of microSIM affect call quality? [Lumia 820]

..and to answer the Subject line.."Can the type of microSIM affect call quality?" .. its not the TYPE but the condition e.g. old, worn out or improperly / badly cut (as in your case earlier) will SURELY affect the performance ...

Please use plain text.