Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cannot connect to Google account on Lumia 920

Advisor
iusti
Accepted Solution

Cannot connect to Google account on Lumia 920

Hello,

I am trying to connect to my Google account (in order to sync emails, contacts and callendar) on my recently bought Lumia 920, yet I got the same error message each time I try: "Google account info is incorrect / Update your account info from..." and depending on what I choose (emails only or emails, contacts and callendar) it suggest updating my info from m.google.com or imap.gmail.com:993:1.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Cannot connect to Google account on Lumia 920

Have no issues with my gmail accounts. Server is set to imap.gmail.com:993:1 for one and m.google.com for another account which syncs contacts as well. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
iusti

You mean they are set by default in Windows Phone 8?
If yes, how exactly can I check that?
Please note that I enabled both POP for all mail, as well as IMAP in my gmail account's settings.
Thx
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Is this your first time settying it up or did you have it set up and it suddenly stopped working? The server settings are at Settings>email+accounts. Tap the gmail account and scroll down

Please use plain text.
kord

Do you have application-specific passwords enabled on your google account?  I do, and I always seem to initially forget that I need to go generate a password for a new phone/reset.  If you do have these enabled, you will need to generate one for your phone, as your normal password will not work with this setting enabled.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Also for a full sync you must deselect POP and use IMAP only in your Google acount.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
iusti

Thanks,

It seems that my issue was linked to the apps generated passwords option, which was activated on my google account.
It took more than 15 minutes to sync, but finally it worked. Great advice, really!

A less important issue, yet concerning the sync with Outlook..is that I managed to connect to my Hotmail account but not to the Outlook.com one. It is odd, as long as there's the same user and password. If I have to open a new topic for this, please let me know.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SLJM

If your 2 step verification is active for gmail account , deactivate and try once
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mounica93

can u please explain how...i dnt get u...

how did u sync ed ur gmail...please tell me the process

i have turned on 2step verification

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bowinkel

I did it but why so hard
Please use plain text.