Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cannot connect to WiFi with my Lumia 520

asadbunty

Cannot connect to WiFi with my Lumia 520

Hi.. I just purchased my lumia 520 today, one of the major problem I am facing is that this device doesn't connect to WiFi by giving an error message "your phone couldn't reach the wifi network" ,,, My android phone had no such problem previously.

To connect to wifi I am using connectify me which makes my laptop's windows 7 a wifi hotspot.

Please help me out with this problem as soon as possible :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Cannot connect to WiFi with my Lumia 520

Not 100 sure how you've set up wireless hotspot on your laptop but my guess is it's set up as an ad-hoc network. This is not supported by your 520 which will only connect to infrastructure hotspots.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

If that is ad-hoc network (IBSS) and not infrastructure (ESS), I wonder how the Android is able to connect. Which Android device are you using?

Please use plain text.
asadbunty

I am not sure, the settings show that wifi is shared over Encrypted WPA2 ...Previously I was using htc explorer..

It gives multiple errors, like sometimes its not able to connect, sometimes it says incorrect password and username and sometimes surprisingly it connects and I am able to browse a page, but it gets disconnected again and i am never able to reconnect until I dont stop and restart hotspot again.. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Which software do you use on your computer to create this Wi-Fi hotspot?

Please use plain text.
asadbunty

I am using Connectify Hotspot 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Are you in Access Point mode? Did you go through Connectify’s tutorials? Did you connect Connectify’ support? ‘No’ is not accepted. Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sweetee1232

Power off the wifi router completely for 2 minutes. Take out battery from phone. Restart everything again. Works everytime for me.
Please use plain text.
b187a

I bought the lumia 520 today and after N number of attempts it is not able to connect to my home wi-fi network.

After entering the password it keeps on connecting and finally shows the error that "your network does not respond, cannot connect to the wi-fi".
Any urgent help would be highly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

b187a, what is the name of your access-point (manufacturer and model, please)? in your router, is DHCP enabled?

Please use plain text.