Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Change Calendar Alarm Sound on Lumia 800

Registered Member
c_s_norwich

Change Calendar Alarm Sound on Lumia 800

[ Edited ]

Loving my new Lumia 800. I have moved from an E90 communicator, then an N900, and now this. So far so good.

However, the alarm which sounds when a calendar reminder is triggers is neither long enough or loud enough. Can someone advise please how to change the alarm sound for Calendar reminders to something else please?

As far as I can tell it is not possible to do it in 'ringtones+sounds' or the calendar itself.

===
Nokia Communicator E90 / Nokia N900 / Nokia Lumia 800
===
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Change Calendar Alarm Sound on Lumia 800

@c_s_norwich

Presumably this resource of no help here under "Personalise your ringtone & other tones"?

http://www.nokia.co.uk/gb-en/support/product/lumia800/userguide/?action=onlineuserguidepagechange&pF...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

On nokia hansets the calender sound cant be changed(ive never seen an option to change calender alarm) same on the N9,The alarm/email/sms/ringtones can be though.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

Small point - Calendar alarm can be changed on Nokia - just tested it again on my N8.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jemclajes

I can change my calls ringtone to one I have downloaded and also my alarm but there is only the option of the pre-loaded nokia ringtones to chose from when I try and change my voicemail, sms or email ringtones. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible?
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

refresh your music player then go to profiles,and edit.this is if its the N8 your using.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

this might be usefull

Simply navigate to any online music:
The Nokia Lumia 800 is a smartphone. Most smart phones let you save any music file you could find online by touching and holding your finger on it, then selecting "save." Once the music file is added to your memory card, tap-and-hold it and select "assign" from the contextual menu.

By USB cable:
The Nokia Lumia 800 is compatible with the "USB Mass Storage" norm. Get a USB cable (There might be one in your Nokia Lumia 800 package) and, linking your Nokia Lumia 800 to your computer should make it appear as a memory key. Open it and just drag MP3 songs or other sound or music files directly to your Nokia Lumia 800, as if it was one of your computer's folder. For the remaining steps, please refer to your Nokia Lumia 800 manual. The ringtone section should explain how to select an uploaded file as a ringtone.

Using Bluetooth:
The Nokia Lumia 800 is Bluetooth-enabled. Bluetooth is a wireless system which lets you connect your cell phone to other devices. If your computer is also Bluetooth-enabled, simply establish a connection between both devices and transfer your audio files from your computer to your Nokia Lumia 800.

Simply record sound directly:
Since your Nokia Lumia 800 features a sound recorder (also known as "voice memo"), a very simple technique involves simply placing your phone by your computer's speakers, playing whatever song, music or sound you would like as a ringtone, and recording it -- you can even use your voice, your child's voice or even your cat's "meow!" Record it with your mobile and there you go! Unless that function was specifically blocked on the Nokia Lumia 800, you should be able to navigate to the ringtones sub-menu and choose your new recording as a ringtone. Of course, the quality won't be ideal but, after all, it's free!

Via a 3G Uploader:
If these tricks do not work for you or if you prefer not to buy new accessories, you can always use one of the numerous free "3G Uploader" services available online. A search on Katapulco should retrieve plenty of them. 3G uploaders work as follows: Upload your own free ringtones on their web site and they will provide a temporary web address. Navigating to that URL with your Nokia Lumia 800's browser will download the free ringtone

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

1. every sync is dependent on zune

2. inability to assign ringtones to different function e.g. u cant set diff tones for sms,mms.e-mail,chat e.t.c.

3. cant use songs from the music files as ringtones.

4. no file manager

5.no usb transfer.

6. no bluetooth transfer between devices ( i cant send pictures songs documents from one phone to another)

these are facts, nokia with MS is now going the apple way of a closed system.

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Can you post a screenshot of how YOU do that ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
campervangirl

Hi

I have the same problem and its driving me nuts forgetting important things because I cannot hear the alarm, also it doesn't seem to repeat the alarm.  Can I please ask you, did you solve this problem?   I would be so grateful if you could pass on how to change this. 

Thanks

Anita

Please use plain text.