Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Changing email for Marketplace/Xbox Live? Lumia 80...

Contributor
VicsRanoe

Changing email for Marketplace/Xbox Live? Lumia 800

I entered my email with my old Xbox live account attatched into the market place when I was downloading an app for the first time, and I now want my xbox live account from another email to be on my phone as opposed to that, but can't find any way of doing that!

But it is an amazing phone. My iPhone 3gs broke so I went out and got it today. Absolutely love it

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Changing email for Marketplace/Xbox Live? Lumia 800

Hi VicsRanoe,

Have you tried logging in on https://live.xbox.com with your Xbox account then select "My account" at the top of the page, then "Settings and preferences" select contact preference, which will allow you to change your email address linked to the account.

For more information, please visit the following link:

Changing Email on Xbox live account

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
VicsRanoe

I don't want to change the email associated with that account, I want to change the whole xbox live account :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

[ Edited ]

Your subject and content of the post states you wanted to change email, apologies if this was incorrect.

If you want to change your Xbox live account, then I suggest you visit the Xbox live page that I posted earlier.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
VicsRanoe

Still can't find anything :/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kletet

I had the same thing,tried a while to just switch em but couldnt figure it out. All i managed to do was to add another account but not get on it at xbox live thing. So i reset the phone to factory settings and started over. Luckily i didn't really have time to do anything so i didnt lose anything. Hope you find a solution,if so,post it here! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
j8oca

Have the exact problem just can't sign in on a different account. Is the only way to reset the phone?

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kidkromes

have you tried doing it though zune 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Thanks for posting. In Windows Phone you cannot change the primary LiveID without a hard reset of the phone. As the liveID is used for a number of services which are personal and need to be secure.

Simple example would be loading the phone with (paid) apps, then changing the LiveID which would make the apps stop working as the linked LiveID is not valid. Also the license for a paid app is linked to the LiveID.

So for the phone to work correctly you would have to reset, then change the LiveID and (re)download the apps available to the new LiveID. This will also make the Xbox Live data linked to that LiveID available on the phone.

Hope this helped,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.