Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Closing Browser and Apps - Settings

Advisor
Techfailure
Accepted Solution

Closing Browser and Apps - Settings

This is my first "smartphone". I used an E71 before this. While browsing, how does one "close" the browser (like on a desktop) as there is no button to do this? Does the page remain open or closes when u move away from the browser back to the Start page? I am thinking of any data that may still be downloaded/ uploaded. Similarly with Apps, does the app close when u move away from the page? I understand that some apps may still be working due to "live update" settings and was more intersted in the ones that do not have such settings or where such settings are disabled.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Closing Browser and Apps - Settings

When you move away (back key) the explorer will close. Any application that is left running will get displayed if you Long Press the Back key when in Home screen. Also have a look at settings-->applications (left swipe) and background tasks ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Techfailure

Re: Closing Browser and Apps - Settings

Thanks for your info. Have blocked apps that I needed to block from the settings - aplications menu.

Please use plain text.