Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Comparing few mobiles with Nukia Lumia 510.

Advisor
tims123

Comparing few mobiles with Nukia Lumia 510.

Hi,

I just compared with the following models (Samsung Galaxy S Duos,HTC One V, Nokia 710, Nokia 510, Sony Xperia J, Sony xperia Sola), I want to take some decision to buy a mobile based on your feedback.

Interestingly I feel Lumia 510 best, compared to all these models.

I am much interested in the following categories

I take more photos and immeditely upload into the PC, so I won't bother about storage and I believe 4GB is sufficient. Can you pls confirm how many photos can I take with this 4GB storage.

I am bothered about the below queries and what are the advantages with this.

3G Speed: NA in 510, other mobiles have HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps. (If 256MB RAM impact on the speed of the internet??)

What is the use of this? will impact while working on internet interms of Speed?

Resolution: What is the pixel density?? what is the use? other mobiles have 720p@30fps

Multimedia : Video Player doesn't have much features, will it help somewhere while taking the Video??other mobiles have MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player.

What about the Messaging: Is 510 mobile have outlook, Gmail, facebook, Twitter, linkedin, speed of the 3G facility.

Does this mobiel generate heat if you talk more than 15 minutes, I heard this heat problem both in 510 and 710.

I will be working with word, Excel, adobe, flash player and sometimes I create excel file with the mobile will 510 support all these features??

I Hope 510 connects to laptop with the software, so that I can download photos, files, messages (SMS / MMS) from Mobile to PC.

Does this 510 has batter problems, Camera problems?? I am least bothered about Games.

Will it upgradable Windows 8?

Pls clarify the doubts.

Thanks for your great help,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Comparing few mobiles with Nukia Lumia 510.

At 5MP you will get around 400 photos per GB storage. How many GB of free storage you will have will depend on apps installed, emails, messages etc etc. 

The biggest impact the 256mb ram will have on you is it limits the types of apps you can run. Some apps require more memory.

The higher the pixel density, the higher the quality of photos and videos the camera will be capable of.

This phone will be upgraded to WP7.8 only. It will not get WP8

You should bear in mind that the 510 is the bottom end of the Lumia range. Looking at your requirement, perhaps you should be considering a Lumia 820 or 920. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tims123

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your support, but my budget is not more than 15K. I have two kids I am more concern about them. they used to take the phone whenever call comes. so till the age of 4 yrs I just wanted to stick with the basic mobile with some additional featues what  I mentioned.

So what should I do??

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Then you may have to compromise a little. What are your main priorities and what compromises would you be willing to make?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It may be worth considering a Lumia 710 instead as it's much better than the 510. It should be priced quite low now that its been available for a year.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tims123

I don't want to compromise with Speed Internet accessing I should play with Excel, Word, Adobe, Outlook, Gmail. I am fan of taking pcitures and videos with the good quality because I have Twin babies I don't want miss any fun. But whenever I get call my babies used to get the phone for me. more concerns about that.

Rest all comes under compromises.

Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Agree with Psychomania. 710 should be a good compromise. A WP8 device will be nice but will be a while before the prices start coming down. 

Please use plain text.