Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Contacts - Lumia 800 vs Windows Live

Contributor
leapais

Contacts - Lumia 800 vs Windows Live

Hello
I have my Lumia800 for almost two weeks and i'm loving it but there's something that scares me.
I had a Nokia N8 and had 1041 contacts in that phone. When I bought Lumia800, with “transfer”, I’ve send all of them to my new phone, and now I have all my phone contacts in Lumia. But, somehow, only 200 contacts are synchronized with my Windows Live account (the one that I use on my mobile). I’ve tried lots of things, even create a new Windows Live account but the problem persists. I want to be sure that, if something happens to my Luma800, I have all of mine 1041 contacts somewhere.

When Lumia is clean (with no contacts), no error appear when trying to synchronised hotmail account. After my contacts where put in my Lumia (using Transfer application), it appears “error code 86000108).

Gmail works just fine. Althought I continue to receive that error (Windows Live error 86000108), e-mail and calendar works just fine. I’ve done all the steps recommended by Microsoft Support(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2464629#86000108) but my 1041 contacts don’t appear. Just 200.

I even start a new hotmail account to be sure that there wasn’t any hidden e-mails or links. My Lumia was reset three times. When I start the phone with no contacts, that error doesn’t appear when I try to synchronize Windows Live account and my Lumia. Right after the contacts are transfer to the phone, that error starts to appear and only 200 of my 1041 contacts appear on my Windows Live account.

Is there a way to synchronize my contacts with my gmail account?

Any idea how I can solve this problem? Thanks in advanced

Lea

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hubrad

Hi Leapais,

I don't know how to fix what you're going through, just my 800 seems to synchronise loads of contacts.. I started off with just over 800 contacts, but now have over 1200! Some of mine crop up as many as SIX times!

Ah well, at least they're on there.

Some contacts wouldn't transfer, but I set up a Google a/c to synch those.. this works except you have to be online to access the Google Contacts so I've been working through those, saving them to my Windows Live account in which the online part is just the backup.

Best of luck, mon ami!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leapais

And how do i synchronise Lumia800 with my google acount?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hubrad

I just went:

Settings > email + accounts > add an account

Works for Hotmail, Google, Facebook etc, supposed to workfor IMAP settings email accounts too, just not tried that yet!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leapais

i did that. My gmail account is working just fine. Well, until now i didn't went to my gmail contacts to see if my 1041 contacts were there. But they aren't. In fact, some of then are in my gmail account but not all. The only contacts that are in my gmail account is the ones that i already had in gmail but with their phone numbers and address.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Check to make sure your Gmail settings are set to sync contacts. To check this, goto the gmail account. Tap ...  then Settings then Synchronization Settings then make sure Contacts is ticked.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leapais

I've done that exercice already. Contacts is ticked in my gmail account settings

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

That is strange. Perhaps you could try removing the account and setting it up again and see if that helps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leapais

i've just tried that (removing my gmail account and set it up again). Didn't work either :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leapais

Anyone, any ideia?... i really need to be sure that i wont loose all my contacts if something happens to my Lumia

Please use plain text.