Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Contacts on 920

Advisor
JacSon8

Contacts on 920

Have bought a 920 and the way it works with the synchro of contacts and agenda is frustrating. This is the only item I didn't look after when searching for a new phone because it is a basic item and it should work. Point is that you cannot synchro contacts and agenda's directly from outlook. You have to install the outlook connector syncro with live and then from the web synchro the phone. In the first place I don't want to have my information on a external server, second it took me 3 days of installing en de-installing and reinstalling to get the data on my phone, third do you know what the costs are when you are in a roaming area and like to synchro the data? and 4th if you have an Apple it seems that you can sync directly. My old Nokia is working so much better with Nokia Suite!! I am buying Nokia's for 15 years and the way thye work is perfect, never a complain, but this is a real step back.

I am very very disappointed and frustrated since it is my worst bad bargain ever. So please help with something that works directly with my computer.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: Contacts on 920

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JacSon8

Thanks for this.

Its terrible. It seems that this phone is going to be my worst bad bargain ever.

It is not suitable at all to be used business wise. 

So my advise for everyone who reads this: if you want a proper synchronisation of contacts and agenda don't buy any Windows Phone. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

I have absolutely no problems with syncing contacts and calendar, so categorically disagree with your general statement.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NOKE700

@93tid

I agree with you 100%, I switched phones from 710 to 810 and everything was transferred over with out a problem.

I Choose Nokia!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
JacSon8

I have choosen Nokia already for 16 years and I have waited 3 month to get the phone (920). The phone is perfect, working is fine but sync contacts (and agenda) is a step back compared to Nokia suite. Why should I sync in such a complicated way? It realy took me 3 days to get it run as outlook connector didn't want to work properly and the agenda in live crashed all the time. And copying to a CSV file and importing it manually is not the way. 

Next to that, if no wifi is available and the network is poor you cannot sync. Or if you are in a roaming area you will have extra costs just for the sync.

Next to that I found that the number of contacts is limited.

Same points for the agenda where I cannot see anything older than 2 weeks.

The phone can import my I-Tunes (3rd party SW) in no time with all the subfolders, so whats the point?

Looking at all the discussion items around this point, also at the MS website, I am not the only one who is suprised that a basic phone item will be so complicated.

As there seems no (re)-action of MS and/or Nokia it will be something that will not be adapted in a short time.

So after all I have decided to bring my 920 back with pain in my heart, because the phone is great.

Discussion closed.

Please use plain text.