Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Cracked Lumia 800 screen

mrjohnlewis
Accepted Solution

Cracked Lumia 800 screen

Dropped my Lumia 800 last night (again) and managed to crack the screen. I'm not that upset or surprised as the phone has withstood quite a battering from me over the last 6 months.

Anyway, I'm London-based. Can anyone recommend either:

* Where you can purchase (as an individual) a replacement screen assembly in the UK? I'd like to replace it myself and don't really care that it will void the warranty.

* Or any central-London based repair shop that will replace the screen?

Thanks folks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You can find Nokia care points in London on the link below that will be able to replace your screen in store if they have stock. Give the nearest a call and see what they say. Don't bother with any run by the carphone warehouse as they will have to send it away.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/store-finder

Unfortunately it's against the rules of this forum to provide any spare part links or instructions for self repair.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BobMuir

Bought my son's phone while we were in Singapore, but didn't get the proper warranty to cover outside the country. Have had to send it back to Singapore for repair as Nokia wont touch it here. Now the screen has two cracks and has gone black. When a store phone was demonstrated at the store, it was bashed very hard, this phone took a drop of about 400mm. Not worth sending back to Singapore again. Next time will get travel warranty.

Please use plain text.
Addikti

I cracked my old 800 display when I dropped it corner first onto a pebble. The thinned-out sides of the glass are very thin and weak. It's a tradeoff between design and durability.

Full displays are easily obtained and very easily replaced. Can't say where and how, but finding out doesn't require much work.

Get a quote from the nearest stealer and consider the advantages of keeping your warranty. I didn't see any, since the price for a new unit dropped so much.

By the way, warranties can usually be voided because of such accidents. Improper handling and such. Some service personnel go as far as being very eager to point out that any future failure is a result of your actions. Better yet, before requesting service, be adamant and ask for Nokia's official policy on this. The USB connector farce on the N9 yielded bitter results for many people.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
andersmahler

I have the same problem, desided to fix it myself. I just want to know if it makes a difference if i order a new screen, with og without Bezel?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
greenbook

[ Edited ]

@andersmahler, have you found out what the deal with the bezel is yet? I may have made a mistake by ordering it without the bezel. From what I understand, it's going to make mounting it back in very difficult, as well as foregoing the proximity sensor! :-(

Please use plain text.