Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cracked Screen - Nokia Lumia 820

Tara87

Cracked Screen - Nokia Lumia 820

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Just thought of sharing my experience with the Nokia Lumia 820. I am 25 years old and I am from a small state called Kerala in India. I brought my phone about three months before, though many were against me getting a Nokia Phone. My first phone had been a Nokia one and it had served me well and the last 7-8 years I have had handsets of Nokia, Sony, Samsung and HTC.

Its saddening to say that Nokia let me down big time with the Lumia 820. The money I paid to get the phone itself was high say close to 23 K and within 2 months it had a crack and my display was gone.

1. Firstly when I pay a high price, I expect the quality of the product to be good. A slip and my phone is damaged. The fall it had was a pretty small one and I am surprised that inspite of the gorilla glass and blah blah it just cracked. When I compare the cost with my old phone(galaxy y), that phone had seen bigger falls and it served me well for 2 years,

2. I go down to Nokia care, cause partly its my fault and in my city, which had 3 nokia cares suddenly the number is cut down to 1. The next thing that gets on to my nerve is them saying they dont have the LED display screen in stock and it will take 25 DAYS to procure one from Chennai. Now you tell me. Is this the service you want when you get a high end mobile/?

Do they expect me to wait for 25 days to get back on track? or do they expect me to get a new phone for these days?

They tell me its costs close to 5K to get it repaired and I regret my decision to take lumia when many of my friends told me to go for i phone. Apparently the display for iphone costs just over 3 K.

In all I am super irritated with Nokia AND especially their service, the enthu shown to me while selling the mobile is lacking when it comes to post sales service.

Now I am waiting for the screen to come from Chennai and using a basic handset. But I will make sure that i will not recommend Nokia to anyone who asks me for my frank opinion. 

Moderator's Note: The subject was amended as the post was moved to a more appropriate board.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Cracked Screen - Nokia Lumia 820

Firstly, Gorilla glass is scratch resistant. This does not mean it is crack resistant. Whether the display breaks when the phone is dropped has more to do with how it hits the groud rather than how high it fell. There is a lot of luck involved. If you search this forum, you will also find a lot of posts from happy owners of phones which survived big falls. By the same token, you could go to the forum of any other manufacturer including Apple and find plenty of threads about breakages after small falls. 

Please use plain text.