Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Data Recovery on Nokia Lumia 800

AWald

Data Recovery on Nokia Lumia 800

I recently went on an incredibly moving trip to Poland and took many photos and videos. My Nokia Lumia 800 ran out of battery, so I charged it overnight. When I woke up to switch it on, the memory formatted, which meant I lost so many important photos and videos. I only pressed the on button so I am at a loss as to why this happened. I have arrived home and have researched the ways I could possibly recover these life-changing photos with recovery software (since I did not have access to the internet at the time, it did not sync with SkyDrive). Is there possibly a way I could reclaim these overwritten files? I have done the 'regedit' process, so my PC can recognise it as a device independent of Zune, though it only comes up as a 'Portable Device' in Computer, meaning the recovery software doesnt detect it as a memory store from which it can recover data (ie. Removable Storage Device) . Any thoughts as to how to fix that?
Thank you for reading, and I hope to hear a reply as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Data Recovery on Nokia Lumia 800

Unless you have made a backup of the photos or synced them to skydrive I am afraid there is no way to recover them.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
AWald

Thank you for your  reply - I'm wondering whether you know if I can change the phone to be recognised as a Removable Storage Device and not as a Portable Device in 'Computer'?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adicmus80

yes, it is possible to recover deleted photos video files from Nokia Lumia phone, take a look at this guide:

how to recover data from Nokia phone

I used the guide before, easy to follow and works well.

Please use plain text.