Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Data connection drops to EDGE until reset.

Brazilian_Joe

Data connection drops to EDGE until reset.

Hi,

I am using an unlocked Lumia 800, on operator Claro BR. I have noticed that sometimes the phone downgrades my data connection speed to EDGE and it only shows up the HSPA icon again if I turn off-on the phone. I have tried turing the data connection off and on but it does not work. 

I noticed that it is more common for it to drop the data connection speed when I go from home to work or vice-versa (it probably changes to another cellular network antenna). But even if I stay in a single location, after a few hours the connection drops too. 

Anyone else having this? 

Please use plain text.
ThatPaolo

Re: Data connection drops to EDGE until reset.

I am having the exact same issue on an unlocked Lumia 800 and AT&T in Seattle. Still no idea why this is happening or if there is a solution.

This started after I applied the update to 8107.12070.
Please use plain text.