Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Data usage on lumia 620 due to facebook and em...

Registered Member
Greeny18

Data usage on lumia 620 due to facebook and email?

I have synced my facebook account onto my lumia and want to know if having this uses a lot of my Internet data?
Such as having the live updates? And also if having email syncing a lot does this? Is there any way to reduce data usage? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NOKE700

Re: Data usage on lumia 620 due to facebook and email?

[ Edited ]

Yes it will if you have both of them synced at all the time.  You can change the setting on your email by going to settings, email and change the frequency of syncing for new email to every hour or daily. 

For the other applications, go to settings, flick to the left and at the top go to background apps and block the apps you don't want to run in the background.

Let me know if I have helped you or if you have any quesitons.

I Choose Nokia!
Please use plain text.