Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Dead Lumia 520 - Blue screen of death - with no te...

naarestrup
Accepted Solution

Dead Lumia 520 - Blue screen of death - with no text on it though

Hi!

I have just performed an unlock of my Lumia 520 using an unlock code provided by the operator where I bought the phone. The process seemed to go well with the phone telling me it was now unlocked, but when I restarted the phone it booted up as usual with the operator logo but then the screen turned light blue and one of three things happens:
1. It stays light blue and nothing happens
2. It shuts down
3. It reboots showing the operator logo then returns to the light blue screen again and reboots

I have tried the hard reset process and got to the exclamation mark but while pushing the buttons in the required sequence the phone starts to reboot

Any suggestions or ideas?

- Nick

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Dead Lumia 520 - Blue screen of death - with no text on it though

Any difference if you try booting without a SIM?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

One of my twitter friend suggested to flash the device, he too seem to have come across same problem with his 820. If changing the SIM or switching ON without inserting a SIM card as suggested by Scoobyman doesn't work take it to a nearest Nokia care center for flahing it, if you have no idea how to do it.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
naarestrup

[ Edited ]

Swapping or removing the SIM didn't do anything.
I did manage connect it to a PC and get the correct firmware, but the phone kept rebooting so I couldn't re-flash it.

BUT I was actually able to revive it at long last. What I did was the hard reset procedure: Holding Volume down, then pushing the power on/off briefly. As the exclamation mark showed up I quickly released the volume button, then pushed volume up, volume down, power on/off and volume down VERY fast.
Then it like choked for a second and then started showing the spinning cogwheels for maybe two minutes, then it rebooted again and now showed the Nokia logo and started booting up as if a brand new device.

Phew.

Thanks guys for your suggestions!
Hope either of these three solutions might help others who run into this problem.

Moderator's Note: We have edited this post. It's an unauthorized tool which may invalidates the warranty of a Nokia device and so we don't allow it to be discussed on an official Nokia forum. Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gandaa

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I tried other methods suggested by other websites.........BUT........your works perfect. How you found out? juts curious.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VickyLumia520

I found this link and really helpful to reset my phone after the blue screen crash, now it is like a new mobile again :smileyhappy: and was able to use other apps not available on initial install

http://www.wpcentral.com/suffering-spinning-cogs-issue-nokia-windows-phone-fix

Please use plain text.