Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Dead Nokia Lumia 800 warranty

Contributor
cozmoss10

Dead Nokia Lumia 800 warranty

I purchased my nokia lumia 800 from a person on amazon market place, the phone died after just a few days and, It will not power up since then. I wondered if I would be entitled to a warranty even though I do not have an origional receipt nor can I find the seriel number as the phone will not power on. Anyone any idea ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@cozmoss10

You may have problems satisfying conditions of warranty which states:-

"When making a claim under this Limited Warranty you will be required to provide: a) the Product (or the affected part) and b) the original proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase, the product type and the IMEI or other serial number."

More details here:http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/european-limited-warranty

I have been caught out in the past with Amazon "One Click" purchase even from established business seller, where there is no invoice included and only communication is that item has been despatched.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Carltabi

[ Edited ]

Hi cozmoss10

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your hardware.

If the phone has not been subjected to physical damage and was bought  in accordance with warranty conditions of your region then you are entitled to send it to us for a repair.

You can find the IMEI number inside the SIM card slot.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Carl

If this post answers your question, you can help others by clicking the green accepted solution' button.

Please ask your questions to the main board and not to my mailbox. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
seinman

What country are you located in?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cozmoss10

Uk
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@cozmoss10

Unfortunately post by Carltabi appears slightly ambiguous as think it refers to the small print that I highlighted in my earlier post, but I may be wrong

"If the phone has not been subjected to physical damage and was bought in accordance with warranty conditions of your region then you are entitled to send it to us for a repair."

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
seinman

In the UK an NCP will usually require a proof of purchase. However, if you submit the handset to the central repair centre by either Freepost or arranging its collection through nokia.co.uk you will not require a proof of purchase.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cozmoss10

How would I find this as I cant seem to see it on nokia.co.uk page ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
seinman

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I have taken phones to two or three different Nokia Care Points for different issues and have never had to provide proof of purchase, if the phone is under warranty and has no water damage, they will repair/replace it , simple as !!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.