Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Dead Screen

Registered Member
ChocolateWar
Accepted Solution

Dead Screen

Hi,

My phone has been working fine all day, I came home, syned it with Zune to back up some pictures I had taken during the day and the sync was successful. I left it connected to my computer for about an hour, after this hour I then looked at my phone and it wasnt responding, the 'search' 'windows' and 'back' buttons all respond with a small vibration. Other people could make phone calls with me (where it rings) but the screen was still 'dead' so I could not answer it, I then took the SIM Card out and put it back in, I can no longer recieve calls, Also when I connect it to the computer, it is now not recognised in Zune.

So basically my screen is 'dead' and I cannot use my phone, the screen doesnt respond in any way. Help please?

Will

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ChocolateWar

Re: Dead Screen

Nevermind! Fixed it.

After doing some searching, I help down the power button for 10 seconds which I think 'hard reset' the phone. It then allowed me to turn it on.

I had 45% battery when I turned it on, no idea why my screen wasn't working! must of been a wierd bug.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
willing

I phone fell down but continued to work till I found a dead or multi -colored screen in the morning; I can hear the hone ring but unable to connect,.....jdo reply urgent
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sumerstar99

me 2, I NEED to get my contacts out of this N95? any one have any idea? PLSSSS help....
Please use plain text.
erhanertul

Dead Screen.

Hi, I have Lumia 920 and i had the same problem today but it's not waking up. The phone is working but there's no display. !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Asspony

Re: Dead Screen.

My Lumia 822 froze up so I had to remove and then re-insert the battery.  When the phone came back on, the screen would not show an image.   I know that the phone works because I am able to recieve phone calls (remember answering sequence) but the screen will not power up.  Nokia Tech Support suggested resetting phone to factory settings, but that didn't help. I'm at a loss. This phone is no good to me if I can't answer e-mail or texts or browse through my contacts list.

Please use plain text.