Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Does nokia lumia 920 support adobe flash?

JianXingQuek
Accepted Solution

Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: Does nokia lumia 920 support adobe flash?

Hi JianXingQUek,

It is very unlikely that Nokia Lumia 920 would have Adobe Flash support in it, considering that Adobe stopped developing mobile Flash almost a year ago.  This is because most things that can be done with Flash can also be made with HTML5 without using any external plug-ins.  For more information on Adobe's decision to drop mobile Flash, please see here.

Hope this answers your question,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FiGeena

I have today seen Nokia Lumia 920 playing Adobe Flash driven Yle Areena programs.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

You probably saw the phone using Nokia TV application, which does not use Flash to access the video stream. Nokia TV is available for current Lumia models as well.

Puigchild
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
ChandanGupta

I just saw a review today which said Ativ S and 8X are going to support Flash.. if that is so , Lumia 920 should do it too.. right?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cheapkidstoys

What do we do when we go to a site such as youtube or bbc sport that says flash plugin required.  How do we then view the content using xtml5 ????

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cheapkidstoys

apologies HTML5 **
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Youtube supports html5 and works on the 920. Support for Flash has been discontinued. It is just a matter of time befoe html5 takes over everywhere. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

cheapkidstoys wrote:

What do we do when we go to a site such as youtube or bbc sport that says flash plugin required.  How do we then view the content using xtml5 ????

The BBC needs to keep up with the times and start to offer videos in HTML5 rather than outdated Adobe Flash. And YouTube videos work great on the 920 as well as other video sharing sites.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola

[ Edited ]

rayhipkiss wrote:

cheapkidstoys wrote:

The BBC needs to keep up with the times and start to offer videos in HTML5 rather than outdated Adobe Flash. And YouTube videos work great on the 920 as well as other video sharing sites.

Ray.

It's not the bbc's fault that flash cannot be used. my n8 worked fine, but not my 920, what the hell is up with that. seeing how they have left out a fm radio, i have had to resort to downloading a 3rd party app. i shouldnt have to do that.

Also i think you will find every major tv chanel needs flash. the only site i have got to work is youtube. everything else needs flash.

In the future html 5 may take over, but at the moment anyone that wants to watch video on the go has got shafted.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The only reason there is no iPlayer client for Windows Phone is because the BBS is not willing to create one. The whole blah blah about flash is irrelevant. Flash as a container for video is done and Adobe has long since stopped development of mobile flash.

It would seem the BBC think there is no gain in supporting Windows Phone at this time. The only way this will ever change is when enough requests for it keep landing on their doorstep. No matter how much people keep bringing this up here it will not have any influence on the decision makers at the BBC.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola

paulheu wrote:

The only reason there is no iPlayer client for Windows Phone is because the BBS is not willing to create one. The whole blah blah about flash is irrelevant. Flash as a container for video is done and Adobe has long since stopped development of mobile flash.

It would seem the BBC think there is no gain in supporting Windows Phone at this time. The only way this will ever change is when enough requests for it keep landing on their doorstep. No matter how much people keep bringing this up here it will not have any influence on the decision makers at the BBC.

Its not just the BBC. It is basically every major TV network.

So because they were lazy and left something out, which has no benefit to be left out, all the networks have to now make an app (which is stupid, I should be able to watch it from the web client). Seeing how there was no networks that made an app for symbian, which still has a bigger market share, you think they will make one for wp8?

No, people that want to watch video just got screwed over.

I maintain, if I can watch video on my n8, why can't I on my 920. The developers were lazy, and short sighted.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Guess what, all these apps are created for iPhone, a device which does not support flash. So it should be obvious to anyone that supporting flash is not a prerequisite to developing these apps. There are apps in Microsoft store which allow you to view iPlayer, TV catchup and most online TV channels just fine on a Windows Phone 7.5 device.

While the app in question (Plex) would require a home-run server it does prove the point that it would be trivial to support Windows Phone for any of these channels.

Again, it's the BBC and others who simply choose not to support Windows Phone and not any technical reason which would make it impossible.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola

paulheu wrote:

Guess what, all these apps are created for iPhone, a device which does not support flash. So it should be obvious to anyone that supporting flash is not a prerequisite to developing these apps. There are apps in Microsoft store which allow you to view iPlayer, TV catchup and most online TV channels just fine on a Windows Phone 7.5 device.

While the app in question (Plex) would require a home-run server it does prove the point that it would be trivial to support Windows Phone for any of these channels.

Again, it's the BBC and others who simply choose not to support Windows Phone and not any technical reason which would make it impossible.

I know there are apps for ios, which makes sense seeing how it is popular, but leaving it out of wp8 makes no sense with less than 2% of all sales, of course no one is going to make the effort to make an app for it.

I say again, there is no technical reason to leave out the latest version of flash, seeing how it works on my n8. I shouldn't have to download apps to do the most basic of things. I am one of a big number of people who do not want / like to download apps, so why shouldn't we have access to content, that works on older devices.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

halobolola wrote:

paulheu wrote:

I say again, there is no technical reason to leave out the latest version of flash, seeing how it works on my n8. 

The technical reason why Flash isn't available is because Adobe have stopped developing Flash for mobiles. End of. The N8 only has Flash lite and not full proper Flash.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ginam89

I'm sorry but could you please explain, to those of us that don't understand pc talk, what this means?? I am trying to use itv player on my phone, and seeing as its a windows phone and meant to have everything, surely I should be able to view the things on their site??!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It is all very simple. Flash is developed by a company called by Adobe. They have stopped making it so you could say it is obsolete. This means any new devices released from now on  with new operating systems  will not have Flash. It has instead been replaced by html5.  The problem in hand is caused by itv player being slow in supporting the new html5 and not the other way round. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Spot on ive even seen this in even some home apps here..strangely enough.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

" There are apps in Microsoft store which allow you to view iPlayer, TV catchup and most online TV channels just fine on a Windows Phone 7.5 device."

What apps ? I haven't found any which play any UK television apart from one completely useless one which had a random selection of very out of date BBC Olympic clips.
Please use plain text.
Heartblaster0

Nokia Lumia 920 Doesn't support flash , instead it supports HTML 5.. i.e a latest technology...it seems to be better than Adobe Flash ... :smileywink:
Waiting for its launch in India ... :-) :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.