Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Dont lumia 820 have fm radio?

Contributor
iliasbasha
Accepted Solution

Dont lumia 820 have fm radio?

I am looking forward to buy nokia lumia 820 once is available in India. Recently i have seen some blogs referring that the Lumia 820&920 both doesnt have fm radio?

Can someone from Nokia confirm this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Dont lumia 820 have fm radio?

Yes..Both Lumia 820 and 920 do not have FM Radio ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

No windows phone 8 models have FM radio built in but you can buy a stereo Bluetooth headset that has an FM radio built into it. They are available from several manufacturers including Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

The BH 221 is what i would suggest..

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
buddler

Is the function not enabled yet or really (hardware) not embedded?

--> have a look here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13247153/what-happened-to-fm-radio-in-windows-phone-8

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Buddler,

You have found the answer to your question right there in the link you have posted. This is a user to user forum only for Nokia products and services, we are not Microsoft developers. Noone knows if the FM radio feature will come to Windows Phone in the future, if at all.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
buddler

Hi adrianhughes,

thanks for your answer. I'm aware of that, just wanted to know, whether the new lumias have the hardware abilities to maybe deliver fm radio later on. I'm not able to run the little code snippet.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kwaku5

Ooooops. Just bought my Lumia 820 and I have been searching for a radio feature for the past 3 days. I am begiining to get dissapointed in the phone because of the absence of a radio. Nokia, please work on this and make a software upgrade available soonest. Else your competitors have a big edge ovewr you.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

I may be wrong but aren't a lot of top end phones dropping this? Neither my Lumia nor my main non Windows phone has it.

I know the least helpful responses on here are those saying some missing feature isn't that important but honestly the TuneIn radio app is excellent, much better quality and selection of stations than fm radio.

I appreciate you need a good data plan or wi-fi to get the most out of it but the reality is you're going to need that anyway to get the most out of any smart phone.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

kwaku5 wrote:

Ooooops. Just bought my Lumia 820 and I have been searching for a radio feature for the past 3 days. I am begiining to get dissapointed in the phone because of the absence of a radio. Nokia, please work on this and make a software upgrade available soonest. Else your competitors have a big edge ovewr you.

Missing a radio gives other an edge. Totally absurd,look at what other features are missing from competitors phones.

The radio is a dying breed as ive pinted out here there is an app and a headset you can buy to replace the mighty important feature high tech innovative radio.GROUNDBREAKING stuff...

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Manxmonkey

Hmm, alright for geeks who sit in darkened rooms over video games but I was led to believe all Nokias have FM radios and this was one of the main plus points as I spend most weekends of the year at a moto GP or F1 race and everywhere in the world from Texas to Taiwan circuits have their own FM station!!  And no I don't want to buy a seperate radio and I hate bluetooth ear pieces as they burn my ear!  I prefer a good old fashioned wired pair of high quality over ear 'phones (like the motorsport guys are wearing if you watch motorsport on TV) and they plug straight into any of my old Nokias and work perfectly.  And if someone rings me to arrange a beer or whatever then I'm already "on the phone".

I have also tried an FM radio app which still pops up - No FM radio Available On This Phone - I am sure this is all fixable between the guys at Nokia and the guys at MS - let's face it they have some of the top guys so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

since this topic has moved up somehow, let's make everything clear for people who find themselves here

MOST LUMIA MODELS HAVE FM RADIO 

all you have to do is, installing the GDR2+Amber update, you can find more information about the topic by using the search feature. 

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.