Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Dusts

Counsellor
forbiddenshani

Dusts

I think i saw dust accumulating within the earpiece (the place where sounds are emitted if you're not on handsfree) and because the earpiece gap is so small, i don't think so it's even possible to even try getting the dust out.

Further, i also noticed that there are several gaps as well when you open up the "door" on the top of the phone to charge it. If the earpiece have dust resides in it, i am sure dusts will get into the phone through the gaps at the "door".

My question is this, will this do harm to the phone in the long run and if affirmative, how to prevent =/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

Re: Dusts

You can always use a computer air spray to remove the dust. You can buy a dust cover for the headphone jack on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QU-Tech-3-5mm-headphone-jack-anti-dust-cover-Black-/260911431955?pt=LH_Defau...

(to prevent dust getting into the headphone jack port)

Nokia phones (Owned 1999-Now):
5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.