Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E-mail and accounts

Registered Member
ellismp

E-mail and accounts

I absolutely LOVE the e-mail facility on my new Nokia 930 - so much so that I bought and installed Windows 8.1 on my desktop.  I have many different e-mail accounts on my own domains and the ability to link inboxes for specific accounts and pin those linked inboxes to the start screen is incredibly useful.  For obvious reasons I use IMAP on the phone and POP on my desktop where I download the emails and keep a permanent copy.

BUT on the desktop the Mail app doesn't allow POP (!!) or Linked inboxes - is there a way of installing the email program from the Windows phone on the desktop?  Otherwise I'm stuck with Thunderbird :-(

Thanks all

Martin

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

To my knowledge the mailapp in WIN 8.1 does not support a linked inbox. Being on a desktop with  much more space it sort of is overkill. 

I get your point but it's not really a topic which belongs here as it relates to the desktop and not the phone.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ellismp

... Except that I'd like Windows 8.1 to be seamless across devices.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The linked inboxes in Windows Phone is there because there woudl otherwise not be a way to show all accounts in one view. The Mail app in Windows 8.1 does have a one click option to switch between accounts and shows new mails for each inbox separately as well as combined on the tile.

What or how desktop applications handle these accounts is very much different from one application to the next. If you'd like to see linked inboxes in Windows 8 you can log a feature request through uservoice.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.