Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Earphones with inline controls and the Lumia 8...

Contributor
Frazor77

Earphones with inline controls and the Lumia 800

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a pair of Ultimate Ears 400vi in-ear earphones. I really like them, and the earphones themselves work fine when plugged into the Lumia 800. However, the inline controls do nothing.

Is this something that's likely to be fixed in the future? Or is it a case of incompatability due to the inline controls using an Apple specific method of controlling the device?

If the latter, what other mid to high-end in-ear earphone with inline controls are compatible with the Nokia Lumia 800? 

Cheers! Fraser. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

Re: Earphones with inline controls and the Lumia 800

I tried the headphones of my Nokia 5800 which also support volume and track control but nothing works on the Lumia 800 ?  This is hardware from the same vendor and it just doesn't work ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Frazor77

On further investigation the inline controls indeed do something. The volume +/- seem inactive as does clicking the play/pause/action button. However, holding the action button starts the voice control (as would be expected). This then turns out to be fairly useless as the microphone in the inline controls doesn't seem to be working with the Lumia 800. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deejaymag

I have same problem!

Need a in-ear stereoheadphone with music controller and mic...

Unbelivible the Lumia does'nt follow the standards...

Any recomendations?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@deejaymag,

Hi,

Thanks for the message.

Any headphone which follows the AHJ (American Headphone Jack) will work with the Lumia range of phones.

An example of this would be the Purity range of headphones which you can find more information on the below link:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/800/accessories

Hope this helps

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

The Nokia BH-111 headset works perfectly with the Lumia, and all functions are fine, also works great with Symbian and Meego :smileywink:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/headsets/stereo-bluetooth-headsets/nokia-bluetooth...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-BH-111-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B005LBCEW0

They are also great VFM and battery life is great !!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Frazor77

@Raoul_Duke

Thank you for a response. However you are incorrect. The Ultimate Ears 400vi's I have are AHJ compliant and the inline controls only partially work and don't work enough to be useful. As I can confirm these earphones work with Andorid and iOS devices I know theya re fully working and as intended. So this poits to the compatability issue being on the Lumia 800.

I'd love to try the Purity headset, but theya re too expensive for me, if nothing else because I use in-ear headsets every day and they tend to last only about a year due to wear and tear. So £90 a year is a bit more than I'm comfortable spending.

Surely there are otehr compatible headsets out there from 3rd party vendors? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Frazor77

@carman58

Thank you for your suggestion, but I'd prefer something that plugs in directly, mainly because I don't want two things to have to charge. 

Please use plain text.
pezlin

I too have the same problem. I have tried the ones delivered together with the Lumia, the original iPhone headset and a-jays four. Sometimes the buttons work but most of the time nothing happens. If the screen is locked and I push the play button I notice that the background image moves slightly so the telephone is receiving some kind of signal but nothing else happens.

Please use plain text.
pezlin

I tried the Marshall Minor earphones today and they seemed to work however I disliked the fitting of them. Instead I bought Philips SHE8005 but when trying them out they didn't work :-( It doesn´t seem to be any logic whether earphones are working with Lumia or not and noone seems to be able to give a clear answer.
Please use plain text.
m_sinclair9981

Hi all

I'm glad I found this post.

I am looking to upgrade from the standard earbuds that come with the Lumia 800, and not sure what is compatible.

I see various brands say they are Iphone or Android specific, despite appearing to both have the 4 connections.  I want to see what brands/models are suitable for the Lumia / Windows phone?  I'm guessing Android but I am not 100% sure. I too only want an affordable Mic-enabled set of in-ear buds

And due to hygeine reasons, I will never get a full refund if they turn out to be incompatible.

I will follow this post with interest and welcome any other buds that people find that work.  I'd like the Klipsch S2 buds, but £50 is a lot for something that may not work.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SequoiaGrove

I ordered Nokia Purity yesterday. Ill write a review when I get them.

Please use plain text.