Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Email and Text Messaging on Lumia 920 Crashing On ...

Clinko
Accepted Solution

Email and Text Messaging on Lumia 920 Crashing On Launch.

[ Edited ]

As the title says, I have two email accounts set up on my 920.  When I press the tile for either of these or for text messaging the screen flips like it is about to launch and then goes back to the home screen.   Email and text are obviously fairly important.   Has anyone encountered this?

(obviously I have tried to reboot)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Email and Text Messaging on Lumia 920 Crashing On Launch.

If the reboot didnt work then you may want to consider reseting. Backup your data before doing so.

Please use plain text.
Clinko

I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home and report back! Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Clinko

Okay I actually found a resolution.   Weird though it may be.

It looked like there was some sort of strange neverending sync.

Set the phone to Airplane Mode, Turn off Wireless.  Deleted the non-master account, turned everything back on, re added accounts and it works again.

Oddity.

Please use plain text.
dswierenga

This "solution" is not permanent. After you check email, it's back to the same old problem.  You can't check your mail a second time.  It keeps flipping you back to the start screen.

Please use plain text.
dswierenga

Well, I turned off "battery saver mode" and seems to be working now.  There has to be a better solution to this!  Come on Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tonionline

I uninstalled Skype and rebooted my phone and it is all working now

Please use plain text.
dswierenga

That fix worked once. But back to the same problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PWSL

Apparently, uninstalling Skype is the permanent solution to this problem. Currently Skype is the main reason of various problems including this one, so I'm looking forward to seeing a quick solution to that by Microsoft at least with the upcoming update.

Please use plain text.