Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Error Code : 80072EFD

Advisor
SATYAPP337

Error Code : 80072EFD

I have Lumia 800. I continuously get error code : 80072EFD because of which I'm unable to connect to Windows Live Id. Since, I'm unable to connect to Live Id(hotmail id), almost everything on this phone doesn't work except Gmail. From another email id, if I send a mail to both hotmail and gmail accounts, the Gmail account gets synchronized but hotmail id doesn't get synchronized because of the above error.

Even zune doesn't synchronize.

Can anyone help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Earthyworm

Re: Error Code : 80072EFD

It may be the server that is the issue. It can default to the incorrect server. Go into Hotmail then Settings, Sync Settings and ensure the server is m.hotmail.com hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi SATYAPP337,

This errorcode usually means a connection error with the Live server(s) as indicated by Earthyworm.

Try switching to Flight mode and back (Settings>flight mode), also try connecting through Wi-Fi instead of mobile network. You might also want to verify whether your LiveID login is correct (login on your PC at http://live.com) and if logged in change the password after which you change the password on the Phone and try again.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
SATYAPP337

Hi Kosh & Earthyworm,
Thank you both for the replies. I have attempted both the suggestions and there is no relief. I continue to get the error code, when I try to synchronize Windows Live Id.
The only saving grace with this so much hyped phone from Nokia & Microsoft is that my gmail is working properly and hence atleast able to check mails every 15min.
It's surprising that Microsoft is not able to solve the problem associated with their own mail server - hotmail and the kind of inconvenience it is causing to so many users. I cannot use internet, download applications or even synchronize music. Then for what did I purchase this great phone.
Very sad and very depressing that both Nokia and Microsoft are not able to solve errors which have got reported so many times. What is R&D for?
Please use plain text.
SandyKods

Hi,

I am also victim of the same. Here only my yahoo mail is working properly not even Gmail. I cant browse cant chat i do nothing with my smart phone. It is as same as Nokia 1100, simply for to call and text.

Whats going with NOKIA. If I got nokia care they are simply denaying.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

I am also victim of the same. Here only my yahoo mail is working properly not even Gmail. I cant browse cant chat i do nothing with my smart phone. It is as same as Nokia 1100, simply for to call and text.

What region is the hotmail account and what region is the phone in?

Anything unusual about the username and password (characters)?

Are you trying this over a data connection or wifi? Try it with another gateway.....if you are using Data, try wifi. If you are using wifi, try another wifi connection.

These are the type of things I would be asking and checking if I was experiencing the problem. The error is usally the result of the inability to connect for whatever reason...connection problem...firewall....no route etc.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
IgorPureta

I have Lumia 800, I am in Croatia, locked on T-mobile network. For one month everything worked smoothly but since yesterday I do not have data connection too. I did not noticed it at first due to wifi at home.Full signal with 3g sign on the right side of signal sign but no exchange, no pop mails, no internet. I can access everything over wifi or desktop but nothing over gprs/3g Always the same error code 80072EFD. None of the solutions I have found on interent did not help. This is rediculous! I see that Nokia prepared solution for ATT Lumia 900 but for 800 I did not find anything like that. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tenchu

Login to you email on the pc and change your password.

then try connecting on the phone with the new password
Please use plain text.
Contributor
IgorPureta

I do not understand the solution. If I change all the passwords on my email accounts I still have to, according to solution, change the password of Internet Explorer too. What is the password for IE? Why should I change passwords to all my email accounts because WP 7 gives me error code known from desktop Windows. Solution is to make hard reset but if I will need to make it again than forget me Nokia!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rkapadia

Same issue here I'm located in India... all updates on msgers like whtsapp and FB chat are slow or they dont show up at all when not connected to the net via a wi fi connection. is there a permanent solution?

Please use plain text.
shaminders

Hi, iam from India and facing the same problem , i am using limia 710.. i am able to use and sync everything using wi-fi but not through cellular. i dont know what to do. i have tried each and everything but in vain. Is there any update or some patch to fix this problem. When i search for the same error code then i get windows update error as search result.

I am able to use internet in the browser but it hardly works everytime, it seems like it works when it likes to. i have checked all the servers are like m.google.com, m.hotmail.com but not working with cellular.

when i am outside with no wifi connection i feels like using nokia 3310 with new UI.. Hope lumia people or nokia people will do something to fix this major internet problem that everyone is facing.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naveenthegreat

i dont wanna say u hi,as i have tired fixing the error code ,but always i have found only one solution,,.........RESET.......what ever data may be in our phone,nokia lumia victims must reset their phones,if this code once appears.......

i am a lumia 800 user

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ferdin

The only solution is to RESET ur mobile... For sure you will loose all ur data.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ginge1991

I had recently aqquired this problem where my Gmail or internet on my lumia 800 wouldn't work but earlier on in the day i had installed msn messenger. After uninstalling that application off my phone about half hour later my internet was back running working and so was my Gmail so that might be the case that's what done it for lumia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Smartsharn

I recently purchased nokia lumia 710...from the day of purchase am facing these error codes..i have resetted my phone numerous times...and again i need to download all the apps..Is it a solution they provide to their customers..i call it as bull **bleep** solution...Why do the mobile giant nokia and software expert windows are pretending as they are deaf and dumb...

shaminders wrote:

Hi, iam from India and facing the same problem , i am using limia 710.. i am able to use and sync everything using wi-fi but not through cellular. i dont know what to do. i have tried each and everything but in vain. Is there any update or some patch to fix this problem. When i search for the same error code then i get windows update error as search result.

I am able to use internet in the browser but it hardly works everytime, it seems like it works when it likes to. i have checked all the servers are like m.google.com, m.hotmail.com but not working with cellular.

when i am outside with no wifi connection i feels like using nokia 3310 with new UI.. Hope lumia people or nokia people will do something to fix this major internet problem that everyone is facing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Swaran23

hi,

i might have solution for you..

just do one thing call your service provider, ask them for the mannual network settings

i.e apn name and etc

then open the netwrok setup app

manualy enter the apn name and rest of the fields as told by your service provider

check the box for making these settings as your default

save it(it will take some time to save)

restart you device..

by now your problem will be solved..

ps

changing password and reseting your device will do nothing that is rubbish..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Swaran23

nope resetting will do nothing ...

it is the problem of settings for internet saved on your device..they should be correct..
just enter the correct apn settings in your device it will resolved

resetting is like washing a torn cloth to repair it...lol

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khushbookumari

Why to use a wifi.. I use mobile network which for one week was giving excellent results... n is still giving speed wen i am internet sharing wid my laptop.
I din change any settings, then what the hell is goin on???
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khushbookumari

What can be wrong with apn settings if internet sharing wid laptop is opening everything.. bt it does not open on phone..

my gmail is not even getting synchronized.. not windows live.. not fb ,

only watsapp is working.. n sometimes once in a while.. opening something in IE works..sometimes it doesnt...

Wats up nokia??? making a fool out of us??? Wasting our money??/

Take this trash back n refund my money.. My phone is only a week old..'

Tell me some procedure for refund.. or consumer court is my only option.

Swaran23 wrote:
nope resetting will do nothing ...

it is the problem of settings for internet saved on your device..they should be correct..
just enter the correct apn settings in your device it will resolved

resetting is like washing a torn cloth to repair it...lol

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cypripedium

This is the most annoying phone i have ever owned . I went saturday to the vodafone store so they made sure setting were correct but still i keep getting error code 80072efd . It might connect for a few seconds but thats it . Cant use a thing except as a normal phone so whats the point in having a expensive phone which cant use apps

Please use plain text.