I am getting an error code c00d36c4 when I try to play some of the songs I have downloaded to my new Lumia 920. The songs play fine on my Windows 8 Pro and that is the computer I am downloading from. Any ideas?
Strange to be associated just with music file as usually indicates "The video or audio codec is not supported, or one of the streams in a video file is corrupted'.
Does it make any difference if you clear the error, hit the back button and then the play arrow again?
Symbian specialist until 31/01/2013 with interests in Maemo & MeeGo but an aversion to Windows!
What format are these songs in? Try converting them to a format that you know works on your phone, such as the other songs that do play. If they were ripped from a CD you can try to rip them again just in case something went wrong the first time they were ripped.
It makes no difference and the code appears on all songs fron the artist!
I've tried to check on the error code and it appears that it is related to corrupted codecs. The songs may work on the Windows 8 Pro PC because it handles different audio codec. Sometimes the media players on a PC can figure out how to 'repair' the file and play it temporarily. However. The lumia device may not be able to repair the codec if it is corrupt.
Possible solution: You could try finding a software that you can basically import the songs and re-save it to like... mp3 or wav format just to make sure it's saved to a proper format/codec.
Have you tried converting the audio files to a different format like what I have said on the previous post?
"Also any ideas on how I can put my music only on the SD card and not on the phone?" - I believe once you connected your phone to your PC, you will be able to access the memory card via My Computer and there you can just copy and paste your audio files.
I got this error with my 920 when I downloaded an mp3 file from my amazon cloud drive to my computer and then tried copying it over to the phone. One thing I noticed is that my computer assigned it the "Zune" format. What I ended up doing to resolve the issue was unplug my phone from the PC. Delete the songs I downloaded, and all associated folders. I then re-downloaded them from Amazon, and right clicked on the file and selected play with the Music App. (Windows 8) I then tried adding them back to my phone, and was able to do so successfully. There's still some known issues with cloud vs. native content on the phone as I understand it, but this seemed to resolve the problem I was having associated with this error.
My Lumia 920 has just started doing this on a variety of video podcasts that worked fine until today. I did just do the update yesterday for the hardware, since then about 1/2 the podcasts error out with this. Nothing else has changed, and I don't think that everyone on the internet suddenly decided to change all their podcast formats. It's definitely something in the phone. Restarting the podcast or rebooting the phone does nothing. One podcast I have has three episodes, one plays, two error out. Same exact podcast just different episodes. This is bad, bad bad as I use this constantly.