Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Error Code c00d36c4

Registered Member
TheNovaks

Error Code c00d36c4

I am getting an error code c00d36c4 when I try to play some of the songs I have downloaded to my new Lumia 920. The songs play fine on my Windows 8 Pro and that is the computer I am downloading from. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@TheNovaks

Strange to be associated just with music file as usually indicates "The video or audio codec is not supported, or one of the streams in a video file is corrupted'.

Does it make any difference if you clear the error, hit the back button and then the play arrow again?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TheNovaks

It makes no difference and the code appears on all songs fron the artist!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

What format are these songs in? Try converting them to a format that you know works on your phone, such as the other songs that do play. If they were ripped from a CD you can try to rip them again just in case something went wrong the first time they were ripped.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

TheNovaks wrote: 

It makes no difference and the code appears on all songs fron the artist!

I've tried to check on the error code and it appears that it is related to corrupted codecs. The songs may work on the Windows 8 Pro PC because it handles different audio codec. Sometimes the media players on a PC can figure out how to 'repair' the file and play it temporarily. However. The lumia device may not be able to repair the codec if it is corrupt. 

Possible solution: You could try finding a software that you can basically import the songs and re-save it to like... mp3 or wav format just to make sure it's saved to a proper format/codec.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
cg76839

I have the same problem with songs that I have uploaded. Some songs on the same album & artist play and others give me the error, there is no correlation. Also any ideas on how I can put my music only on the SD card and not on the phone?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

@cg76839

Have you tried converting the audio files to a different format like what I have said on the previous post? 

"Also any ideas on how I can put my music only on the SD card and not on the phone?" - I believe once you connected your phone to your PC, you will be able to access the memory card via My Computer and there you can just copy and paste your audio files. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Diamondfan

I am getting the same error for all the podcast subscriptions I have received over the past few days.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mikebobwest

I have a Lumia 820 and am getting the same error. I am using the Xbox music app to download the podcasts directly from WiFi to my phone and am getting the error.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
antje23

I got this error with my 920 when I downloaded an mp3 file from my amazon cloud drive to my computer and then tried copying it over to the phone.  One thing I noticed is that my computer assigned it the "Zune" format.  What I ended up doing to resolve the issue was unplug my phone from the PC.  Delete the songs I downloaded, and all associated folders.  I then re-downloaded them from Amazon, and right clicked on the file and selected play with the Music App.  (Windows 8) I then tried adding them back to my phone, and was able to do so successfully.  There's still some known issues with cloud vs. native content on the phone as I understand it, but this seemed to resolve the problem I was having associated with this error. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CurtK

My Lumia 920 has just started doing this on a variety of video podcasts that worked fine until today. I did just do the update yesterday for the hardware, since then about 1/2 the podcasts error out with this. Nothing else has changed, and I don't think that everyone on the internet suddenly decided to change all their podcast formats. It's definitely something in the phone. Restarting the podcast or rebooting the phone does nothing. One podcast I have has three episodes, one plays, two error out. Same exact podcast just different episodes. This is bad, bad bad as I use this constantly.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
papasmurf8

I have downloaded 3 cds onto my nokia lumia 520 but they will not play 

papasmurf8

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
biskety

Try putting them straight onto the sd card from your computer with copy and paste,then put sd card in your phone ,worked for me i had the same error code,bit of a pain but worth a try,cant get net framework 4 to install so the windows phone app won't.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Belledent

I have the same problem too! and it does not matter what format the music files are in,

I had a Samsung phone with windows 7, it worked seamless without any of these error mesages.

It seems like all the problems are related to playing music. I used to play audio files from Skydrive, and now I have to go back and forth a couple times before the phone would play...very strange. And for music and podcast, the error message shows up.

It is definitely not a problem of the music format. Windows 7 with Samsung phone woked!!!

Please use plain text.
emmmm

Hi,

I have the same problem when trying to play some videos on my Lumia 920..,videos which were shot with the same Lumia phone. this is crazy..

has anyone found a solution, or at least an explanation?

many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mtbski

Yesterday , with my Nokia Lumia1520 windows 8.0.1, I recorded a few short videos of my dog and then one longer(4minutes+) of a very strange bird I had never seen before. And then a few more videos of my dog. Later eager to see the videos i notice they all play except the longer bird one. Error c00d36c4. Message"something went wrong, can only play videos recorded with a Nokia Lumia device" possibly larger file getting compressed incorrectly? It appears the file info is missing in properties but the file size appears somewhat correct. I've copied the file to my laptop and tried opening but makes VLC media player crash.
any idea's?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Everything is totally random on these Nokia Windows phones. They are quite simply the most awful phones ever. I have wasted so so many hours trying to make sense that it has driven me half crazy. I'll never get this time back either!😞
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
milk73uk

I spent 3 hours putting my cds onto phone yesterday.all came back with same error.very annoying.the lumia is a terrible phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aussie_pete

Ok so I have ripped all of my cd's via Windows Media player and transfered them to my 1520. All Windows Media Audio Files and none of them work. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.