Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Error message 80072F30 - NEED HELP FROM NOKIA!

Registered Member
drcoe

Error message 80072F30 - NEED HELP FROM NOKIA!

I have a Nokia 920 I purchased just a month ago.  I continue to receive error message code 80072F30 and  I can no longer sent email via my POP3 email account.  I tried to speak with a customer representative today and was given a lengthy possible solution to this situation.  I searched the internet for solutions to this error message and no one seems to have a logical easy solution.  This is an issue that should be addressed by Nokia or Windows instead of the consumer.  Can someone from Nokia PLEASE address this issue either via a solution in the troubleshooting section of this website or through an update to the phone? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Error message 80072F30 - NEED HELP FROM NOKIA!

@drcoe

Out of interest have you installed Skype?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BobKoch

You are so correct. My Lunina 920 has the identical problem. Some one at Nokia or Microsoft must step forward and resolve this email matter. I also use POP3 with 3 email accounts and all receive error code 80072F30. Checking blogs just send you on WILD GOOSE CHASE.  Bill Gates or Mr. Nokia must step in and resolve this ASAP!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

What kind of account are we talking about here? Do you have other accounts installed which work correctly?

Please remember Nokia Support Discussions is a user to user support platform and not Nokia Support...

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GeoffGwynn

I have just purchased a Lumina 620 and it shows the same error message when not connect on my home WIFI ... in other words when I am out of the office and mobile - my mobile email and remote calendar access does not work, which for a small business owner is not a great situation.

It seems to be a WIN 8 issue when working to POP email which is unfortunate as it seems to be a great choice otherwise. Can anyone provide any further updates - especially around a possible work aorund or fix date?

thanks in advance

Geoff

Please use plain text.
RogerHuston

Hello,

My wife and I both have a 920. We both have a hover email account, setup for IMAP access. Mine works, her's continues to get this error. Everything is set identically on both phones (except user name and password of course).

What is going on?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ajfrog

Hi Geoff,

One quick question. You say that you receive the error message when you aren't on your home WiFi. It sounds like you don't have any data connectivity on the mobile network. If this is true, it may be why you are receiving this message. Are you able to browse the internet from your 620 away from your home WiFi?

Thanks

Andy
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ajfrog

Hi BobKoch, do your Email accounts successfully sync when you are connected to a WiFi network or do you see the same problem?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ajfrog

Hi RogerHuston,

Is your wife able to browse the web or use other data services from her device?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
janciksim

I have the same issue, is there any help ? It seems nobody answered

Please use plain text.
teclesoft

I received the same error. But there is interisting topics.. When I use wifi works fine, then I change my chip (operator cellphone). And for my surprime its works.. When I put another chip, doesnt works.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bharn

I just got fixed mine. It's because there are apps that runs in the background. I just installed a battery meter and that error come on everytime I open my email. So what I did is to switch it off from the background and it works.  Go to settings and switch off the apps that runs in the backround.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
periwinkle28

Hi all,

The 80072F30 error message may occur due to a number of reasons. You can check Error Code 80072F30 when Synchronizing Mailbox on Windows Phone 8 for further troubleshooting.

Hope this help.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vineetk89

Me too facing error 80072F30 in my lumia 520 in sync of my gmail & yahoo.

One thing i notice that it works well in wifi but shows this error when use sim data connection.

Initially when i bought my set it works well on wifi and on my sim network also, but now from past few days its not.

I resetted my phone, deleted and re configured my mail but none works...

i usually use data connection from sim.

please guide me to the solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bluehorizon2013

Has anyone solved this yet?

Here is my experience with Lumia 625 running on O2.

1. Syncs fine on Hotmail, Gmail and Outlook.com and I can surf the web, but fails with this error only on IMAP/POP3 accounts.
  2. Works fine when connected to WiFi.
  3. However, if I drive 10 miles to my place of work, it might function OK for a time.
  4. Restarting the phone might clear the problem temporarily

Any ideas anyone??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
foureyes

I have also got this error message on my 620 and have tried everything with no result can anyone help

Please use plain text.
Steve1952

Re: error code

Have a lumina 520 and now have error code 80072f30. Can't connect to the internet. Please help.

Please use plain text.
musica

Hi. Are you still getting this error code? If yes, please refer to the below link for the steps you may try to resolve this:

https://expertcentre.nokia.com/en/articles/faqs/Pages/Error-Code-80072F30-when-Synchronizing-Mailbox...
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bluehorizon2013

[ Edited ]

:smileyhappy:

It's fixed for me but only just!

I reset my phone 3 times and now these accounts work OK. However, if I add another account using  the same settings the error returns.

I think I'll go back to my 710 running Windows Phone 7. Everything worked great..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bluehorizon2013

These solutions do not work

These mail accounts work fine on Windows Phone 7 but not on Windows Phone 8.

Nokia needs to sort this out NOW!

Please use plain text.