Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

FM tuner for Lumia 928

Registered Member
TXPaladin

FM tuner for Lumia 928

Where is the FM tuner for the Lumia 928? Does the Lumia 928 have an FM tuner and it is just not available or was this left out of the 928 all together? I just installed the Amber update from Verizon, but don't see the Radio Tuner as being added. This was a feature on my Windows 7 phone I really enjoyed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Re: FM tuner for Lumia 928

The 620, 810 and 928 do not support FM Radio as they do not have a connection between the headset jack and antenna input on the SoC. So FM radio will not work on those phones.

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sph0308

Paul,

Do you know why the connection to enable the FM receiver was left out of the 928 ?

Thanks,

Shawn

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

No, I don't.. 

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DavidinCT

SO, if you say there is no cable for the FM radio in it. WHERE do you get your facts from ? Can you prove where your info came from ? If you cant back it up, then it is as good as rumor.

The facts of the matter is, The phone has the correct chipset, Nokia showed on their site that the only phone that DOES not support the FM radio is the 620 that was listed AFTER the 928 was released. I even talked to 2 Nokia reps via their 800 number when dealing with a problem and asked if it support FM radio and was told YES it just needed a software update. Microsoft clearly said that GDR2 was came with FM radio.

This is othewise a Nokia or a Verizon screwup, I use FM a lot, I picked up this phone BASED on a FM radio was coming on it as part of the feature set.

Nokia needs to FIX it or give me a refund for my phone and this will be the last Nokia product I will ever buy.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

[ Edited ]

You did not buy your phone from Nokia so why should Nokia refund you for any reason. You bought a Verizon product (made by Nokia). It was never stated the 620 would be the ONLY model not having the hardware to allow for FM radio to be activated through GDR2.

Here's a table of features as they would be available (source). The source is usually very reliable, I suggest you go and ask them for their source on this as I could not say..

---

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DavidinCT

yes, it did, it showed on their site showing some of the features of GDR2 on Nokia's site...

and yes, Nokia would have to give me a refund for my phone as this was a EXPECTED update and I am over the 15 day return that my carrier offers.

this will be come a legal battle if not.

Last Nokia I will ever buy....You buy a high end phone expect to get all the features and get screwed...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Please provide a link to the website you are refering to.

You are quite right about the 15 day return your CARRIER offers. Your sale and purchase contract is with the carrier. There is no contract of any sort between you and Nokia. You should be taking this up with the carrier.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
drbohner

Paul,

We purchased a Nokia product, sold and branded by Verizon. Microsoft and Nokia have exempted only the 620 from the FM radio. By default, that sets the expectations that the 928 will have FM.

(db)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

You bought a Verizon product made by Nokia. You have no sale agreement nor contract with Nokia and Nokia has no obligation towards you at all.

As the 928 is a Verizon product they decide what will or will not be part of any update or what functionality is available through hardware.

As far as FM radio being available, it has been very clearly advertised that the 928 does not support this. Amongst other places it was clearly mentioned HERE.

---

Please use plain text.