Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Flash player support for video playback in Lumia 8...

DelhiUser

Flash player support for video playback in Lumia 800

When will  Nokia/MS support Adobe Flash player for Lumia 800 like they have for Android?

Also I should be able to download a browser of my choice on Lumia as well. Any clarifications from Nokia most welcome!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: Flash player support for video playback in Lumia 800

Adobe has announced that it has ceased development of Flash for mobile phones (in favour of HTML5, and due to the opposition of both Apple and Microsoft to allow support of Flash for their mobile operating systems), so from that direction neither Microsoft nor Nokia is going to get any help.

If the Adobe Flash Video format specification is publicly available to use or to license (I don't know if it is), then at least Microsoft could implement support for it, if they wanted to (Nokia might not have sufficient rights from Microsoft to add new codecs to Windows Phone).

So, you might direct your question primarily to Microsoft, rather than Nokia (of course, a Microsoft representative will probably read this, too, but whether they'll response or not is another matter).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TheBigM

It's definitely not coming. As mentioned, Adobe have abandoned mobile development of flash.
MS have decided, for security reasons, they will no longer have plugins to Internet Explorer. Even on Windows 8, the "metro" version of IE10 will not have plugins and therefore no flash. Only the IE version in the desktop app in Windows 8 will have flash.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

TheBigM wrote:
It's definitely not coming. As mentioned, Adobe have abandoned mobile development of flash.
MS have decided, for security reasons, they will no longer have plugins to Internet Explorer. Even on Windows 8, the "metro" version of IE10 will not have plugins and therefore no flash. Only the IE version in the desktop app in Windows 8 will have flash.

Do note that Flash Video (FLV) format support probably could be done without a full Flash (or even Flash Lite), or Adobe Air implementations. I.e., just to support the video format.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

How come the BBC iplayer isn't following the same point of view, still works on flash player, it's still possible to d/l it and it's working very well on Androids, Symbians and Apple. While windows phones are the only ones that are excluding it :question:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

The BBC has up until now not been interested in creating a version for Windows Phone. While technically there is no reason to not be able to view iPlayer content, there are apps like Plex which give you access to the iPlayer content.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

Thanks for the suggestion, I've tried Plex but it isn't straightforward, you need to configure a server if I understood well, so pratically useless if you want to run the BBC channels...

Please use plain text.
bsfweb

I've drawn a blank too....Can no one in Nokia offer a solution?
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

I'm not sure Nokia can do much given MS' control over the system and the BBC's lack of interest in producing a Windows app. You'd need to lobby either or both of them.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dabashis

how to install Adobe flash player Nokia lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dabashis

please help me
Say something about Nokia lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Say what ? This has been covered many times in this forum. Lumia does not support Adobe Flash player.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trixy165

can i watch itv plaer on my phone and which is the most recent model 800 or 820

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trixy165

does this mean you cant watch itv player or any thing
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Android also do not support Flash Player anymore. People are just hacking the OS to make it work. On android's specification is no longer supported.

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/06/flash-player-and-android-update.html
Please use plain text.
Zazai12

I have the same request of flash player for Lumia 800

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Read the previous posts in this tread.

Flash for mobile does no longer exist.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.