Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Gorilla Glass in Lumia 720 but not in 820 - how po...

Advisor
grochu
Accepted Solution

Gorilla Glass in Lumia 720 but not in 820 - how possible???

Nokia, how it is possible you used Gorilla Glass in Lumia 720, but higher model - Lumia 820 does not have it???

Is this joke???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Gorilla Glass in Lumia 720 but not in 820 - how possible???

[ Edited ]

Gorilla glass is just a brand name. The 820 does have a similar toughened scratch resistant glass, it just isn't the same brand. Supply and demand means that Nokia has to buy glass from more than one supplier and they won't lie by saying its the corning gorilla glass when it is not.

So no it isn't a joke and isn't a problem. If you are still unhappy then you should complain to Nokia through the correct channels, not this forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
grochu

This is Nokia forum, isn't it? And Lumia channell? So I don't understand why I cannot complain about phone here.

If they have problems with supply, why then Nokia did not use unbranded glass for cheaper products? Why they picked up middle class phone to use unbranded glass?

Is your answer official Nokia answer - does glass in Lumia 820 have the same specification as Gorilla Glass used in cheaper Lumia phones?

Somehow Nokia does not want to give official aswer for the question.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Put it this way: my wife has had an 820 longer than i've had a 920 and she is less careful with the device than me, I have two hairline scratches across my 920, her 820 has none.

So you have little to worry about, it's just a different brand of a product that does the same job.

And as I said this forum is not for complaints, it is for support for problems that can be solved. This is neither a problem or something that can be solved. If you want an answer from Nokia you need to contact them directly.

Obviously my answer is not an official Nokia answer as I do not work for them, it is based on experience with many different models.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Also if you want an answer from Nokia talk to them, you are posting in a user to user support forum.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Sage
songoku777

another whiner. having limited knowledge can be a bad thing. having no knowledge at all can be embarrassing.

simply because the 820 is not associated with a 'gorilla' does not make it inferior to lower models. i guess for some it would make them feel more secured if the 820 would be associated with a bigger monkey ...king kong maybe?

seriously, TS ..you're barking up the wrong tree. how many noobs have registered n signed in to different boards and user networks without first understanding what they're getting themselves into?

read the rules / regulations / guidelines first..

as per the admin...

"This is mainly a peer-to-peer support forum, and Nokia does not provide direct customer support to all questions via these boards. If you wish to get personal assistance from Nokia customer support by phone or email, please visit the "Contact Us" section of your local Nokia website."

for your convenience,

goto ...
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Discussions-Guidelines/Guidelines-read-these-first/td-p/1
Please use plain text.
Advisor
grochu

[ Edited ]

Maybe check first what is under "Contact Us" link on Nokia support site????

1. Facebook link - I do not use

2. Twitter link - I do not use

3. Link to this forum. So I came here directly from nokia support link on Nokia.com under support for lumia 820

Did YOU read guidelines from link you posted??? I see not!

So couple of quotes:

"Here you can discuss Nokia products and Ovi services" - I wanted to discuss product, so this is correct forum!!! Was I expecting my screen will be replaced for gorilla??? No! Just wanted to discuss!!!

For sure you did not see this point:

"4. Show respect. Please ensure that all of your posts contribute to the supportive atmosphere of the board. "Flaming" or disrespecting other board users is not allowed. For more specific information on what Nokia considers disrespectful or inappropriate, see below. "

You wrote @simply because the 820 is not associated with a 'gorilla' does not make it inferior to lower models@ - IT DOES. Gorilla is known as scratch resistant, tough glass. This place these screens much higher than others.

Now, show me any OFFICIAL nokia statement that glass used in Lumia 820 is scratch resistant or is anyhow more resistant for damages than any other glass??? Somehow I cannot find official statement. So all other statements are rumours only.

This is link to official Lumia 820 spec:

http://www.nokia.com/ie-en/products/phone/lumia820/specifications/

, somehow I do not see any statement that screen has improved resistance.

"The forum team includes technical experts from Nokia, who monitor their respective areas on the forum. Their main task is to make sure that the right people at Nokia know what is discussed here, but they may also participate in the discussions and publish information from Nokia about the issues discussed here. They are labelled as "Technical Experts" and bear a Nokia logo."

So not only user-to-user but also user-to-nokia experts that are able to place official statements and explanations!!!

You should watch your mouth before placing these kind of statements @another whiner. having limited knowledge can be a bad thing. having no knowledge at all can be embarrassing.@.

Pretending you are smart doesn't make you smart at all. It is only your imagination.

Please use plain text.